The end of the Beech may be near......

Yeah...Tonight was the last scheduled service for the Beech 1900 from BHB. In fact, I was on the first "unoffical" SAAB 340 service this evening (CJC4711) DH'ing to fly tommorow in BHB on the first "offical" day. Ironically, we took off right behind LVG as she was being repo'd back to ALB for the night. Spoke with the crew, and they said that LVG will be flying a SAAB line out of SYR for a couple of weeks until the Slaab comes out of heavy maintenance.
The Beech gave excellent service to Colgan Air over it's career, and launched the airline careers of many pilots (including your's truly). The 1900 is a pilot's airplane, and I will always miss flying it.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

I would rather be on high mins, have a flight attendant, and autopilot then be a beech sellout. :)

High mins= couldnt find your butt with both hands

Flight attendant= The one that would tell on you for...havin a smoke on a repo leg, whizzin in a coke bottle,buzzing the terminal, or mooning your pals through the cockpit doors.

Autopilot= are you serious? those things are for wussies!

Heres to the mighty beech!
And to the guys that flew it...Id still get kicked out of a bar with you creeps any day! Cheers, men

The Beech and BHB, those were the days. "You guys here yet?"

I did a flight into ICT the other day and it looked like a 1900 graveyard, sad to see.

The above poster is still on high mins on an airplane with an autopilot and a flight attendant and talking smack. He doesn't know what it is like to fly the 19hondo around in the Northeast. Never will. Go practice your approaches on Microsoft Flight Sim.

This is to amorris.

I don't know why you take this off this guy, although I know neither of you.

Friendly smack, yo comprendo. But maybe 'knuckles, meet nose. Nose, knuckles' -- is in order.

It's not saving the day, it's been given the flying and the flying taken away from Saab crews in LGA who were supposed to be doing it this month...

Because the Slaab is in for a heavy check.

So ONCE AGAIN the Beech saves the day.

Do you know how many times I saved 'Colgan Mainline' when I was on the Beech?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Nothing is changing, even when they want to get rid of them.

It's suprising to me that Colgan can't find a spare Saab to put on that route. I realize that some can't be used because LGA is Airways but still you'd think there would be an extra somewhere.

It's suprising to me that Colgan can't find a spare Saab to put on that route. I realize that some can't be used because LGA is Airways but still you'd think there would be an extra somewhere.

There's a few in SGF (old Pinnacle birds from the tail numbers), but it'd probably take 6 months to get them in flying condition. They probably have a family of badgers and some snakes living in them.

There's a few in SGF (old Pinnacle birds from the tail numbers), but it'd probably take 6 months to get them in flying condition. They probably have a family of badgers and some snakes living in them.

Imagine taking off and having a snake come out of hiding.......guess you'd have to add "animal inspection" to the checklist.

Eh, just call it a service animal. You can have an unlimited number of those. I need a service monkey for the cockpit. Makes me feel happy.

Back