the craziest thread at airlilners.net, thankfully, Doug did intervene...

Here!!!
Wow, there are some messed up people...

Doug, I think 'giving up' on those people with a 'pilots overpaid' mentality should be considered... there's no hope.

Plus, you have to consider that 60% of those forums are just kids any way...

Thats why I dont post there. I like the pictures on the site, and stuff but the site is filled with a bunch of in-mature kids and I guess adults that dont know what there talking about...

Would "jackass" be too diplomatic of a word to use?
smile.gif

Pilot haters who love airplanes confuse me.

But you should have seen the thread when I this kid wanted to debate me on how the SP-177 autopilot works on the 737-200.

[ QUOTE ]
Would "jackass" be too diplomatic of a word to use?
smile.gif

Pilot haters who love airplanes confuse me.

But you should have seen the thread when I this kid wanted to debate me on how the SP-177 autopilot works on the 737-200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it confuses me too. I mean, they sit there in awe of how such a big thing could be led into the air and landed on the dot 3,000 miles away, yet think the people that do it are greedy or overpaid. I guess the airplane flies itself in their dillusional world. Oh well, stupidity is a funny thing.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hot Damn...I would pay to see that one...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lol.........your avatar looks like one of those ignorant stupid people!!!!!!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, funny how you turn to a TV show like that for a good laugh cause of stupidity, but it makes you laugh even harder when you realize that all you have to do is look hard enough in real life to find the real thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, funny how you turn to a TV show like that for a good laugh cause of stupidity, but it makes you laugh even harder when you realize that all you have to do is look hard enough in real life to find the real thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that everyone knew a couple of kids like Beavis and Butthead back in high school. That's what made it so funny. You could totally see someone you knew doing what those two did. Okay, maybe not to that extent, but still.

Yeah, remember the 18 year old that dropped a bowling ball off a bridge and throught the windshield of a woman's car nearly killing her. He blamed that on Beavis and Butthead. What a moron.
tongue.gif

<font color="black"> </font>

I was that kid back in grade school!
grin.gif

Fortunately I came to my senses and don't act as stupid anymore! I am actually the one that points and laughs at kids like this!

"Would "jackass" be too diplomatic of a word to use?" <font color="black"> </font>

I think you mean "dumbass" like the dad on the That 70's Show that always calls his son a dumbass
grin.gif

It's always amazed (I know I can't spell
smirk.gif
) how cocky us simmers can be.
tongue.gif
I never really got why a 15 hour kid would fight a 30,000 hour airline capt. about an aircraft he's been flying for 20 years.
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Head on over to Avsim.com and you can get your fill of that kind of talk. I like to sim every so often and check out the forums for new information/aircraft, etc. There are LOTS of armchair pilots that think they know a particular aircraft inside and out. Some of the debates Ive seen over there are pretty amazing to read.

All I have to say is that the Flight sim 737 is absolutely nothing like the real 737 at all. Engine response times are different, handling is different -- we're talking not even close to the way the real jet actually works at all.

I flew the MD-88 on flight sim and it's more or less the generic "737" with a different looking instrument panel and a different graphic image when doing the outside view.

There are a few aircraft out there that you can pay for that (I would assume) represent an airliner down to the last switch. The only problem with that is, Flight Simulator only recognizes a certain number of panel functions, so some switches are dummies. Some of those guys are seriously hardcore. Vatsim is a great example of how real they like to make it. Vatsim simulates ATC and does that very well. I used it a few times, and was amazed how much these controllers knew that never had a day of real ATC training in their lives.

it's not really a matter of switches, availability, etc, but the actual flying characteristics are absolutely incorrect. For example, the 737 and the DC-9/MD-88 replica's on FS fly the same, but anyone with 5 minutes of experience in the aircraft knows that these two planes, in a lot of ways, are like night and day.

Like the 737 is like flying around a extra squirrely Cessna with very light requirements on the control inputs. Whereas the DC-9/MD-88 is a lot like trying to fly a heavy diesel truck with flat tires and absoltely requires two hands on the control at times.

On final approach, the 737 is pretty neutral, but the MD-88 is like trying to stand and balance on a basketball.

Flight Sim doesn't even come an iota close to the actual aircraft.

Man, and I thought --&gt;I&lt;-- took offense the worst! This'll probably disappear from a.net momentarily, but here it is, edited for your edification:

Hmmmm, I'm sure you are probably a nice guy but you come across in this forum as an absolute retard. Who are you to say that pilots are greedy and make too much money. Tell me another job that costs in excess of $100,000 to train for and you come out making $12000 a year. It takes someone pretty special to do that sort of thing. Some of these poor people can't even support themselves let alone their family.

Hmmm this will sound like an insult and so it should. (synonym for 'coital relations') off and get a life. Go and mow you lawns or something instead of insulting people like Doug. I know I will probably be banned from this forum for these comments. I can't believe you have stayed around so long who wants to read (synonym for 'male cow droppings') like that coming from an (synonym for 'anus') like you. This is why I moved away from this forum to http://www.jetcareers.com because of retards like you who think pilots are over payed. jetcareers is a truly classy forum that wouldn't take that kind of (synonym for 'male cow droppings') from you. You say you strive to gain respect in every post, well you certainly have lost mine.

And sorry to all the good people on this forum because there is still a few of you around. Maybe this forum could do with some moderators that are informed and know what really goes on in the industry instead of the gutless ones here that put up with Hmmmm (synonym for fecal matter).

As this will probably be my last post everyone take care and good health to you all.

God Bless.

Thanks!
smile.gif
As good a read as it was a challenge to edit!
smile.gif

Thats why Im not one of the guys that claims to know anything about turbine aircraft, because I dont. There are also limitations within FS regarding the flight dynamics, and another problem is that guys making the flight dynamics dont have actual flight experience. They say they have actual pilots of the respective aircraft test it out, but I dont know how much of that is actually done.

I think you would find out that a lot of fans of Microsoft's FS are more scenery and eye candy oriented than having a good flight model that handles by the numbers. To me its just fun (I pretty much fly corporate aircraft) and I do use it sometimes for IFR work when I havent flown in the soup lately. It may not model anything realistically, but it does help me run through everything involved in holds, approaches, etc. (plus, you can fly a Lear around in the soup which helps, in my opinion, since things happen so quickly in that aircraft).

LOL! That was definitely a good one! I like edited posts, because then I can kind of choose my own words that sound a little more funny than what the poster may have originally meant.

(rolls eyes)- another pilot hater post on Airliners.net,
Some people just need to get a life. I to don't understand how people can be in so much awe of commercial jets but absolutely despise pilots. I think its mainly jealousy like Doug pointed out in another post.

Anyway, I don't post as much on Airliners.net as I used to, for a number of reasons. Sometimes I think i'm too nice on those forums
smile.gif

I actually thought the post about the Delta Pilots salaries a couple of months ago was more intense than this one, remember that one Doug?

Adam

Not gonna say anything about that particular thread, other than the obvious....

that those guys are the ones who 'woulda, coulda, shoulda' and now they're bitter enough to waste time on aviation message boards trying to get the only 'revenge' they can by bashing the ones who did make it...

A.net is a complete waste of time in the Civil forum IMHO...

I do go to Tech / Ops every once and a while under Skyguy11, there are a few older guys who actually know what they're talking about.

Back