The best single piston?

Tough question to answer...It's like asking which is the best twin engine jet? An MD-80 is a fine twin engine jet to haul people/stuff around, but an A-10 is a better twin to blow up tanks and armored vehicles.

The 172 has proven itself to be one of the best all-around single engine aircraft around.

I like the Piper Malibu Mirage. Hopefully I will start flying one soon and getting paid.

Navion.
cool.gif

[/sarcasm:eek:ff]

Actually, if you're not trying to blow stuff up, the A-36 Bonanza and the F-33A have to be the Mercedes of all single-engine pistons. Beech builds a very nice aircraft however very expensive as well.

Having flown a 210, an A36, and a Malibu Mirage, I'd have to say the Malibu is hands down the best piston single out there. It's got a decent ramp presence, fairly comfortable for passengers in the back, and good performance. You can't beat 215 KTAS at FL250 in a piston single.

Wait... I though you didn't care about speed
wink.gif

You know what's funny... pilots love to fly, but once in the air they do all they can to get to their destination as quickly as possible.
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wait... I though you didn't care about speed
wink.gif

You know what's funny... pilots love to fly, but once in the air they do all they can to get to their destination as quickly as possible.
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the Beech B36?

Have to say the Bonanza as well. Just the other day I was doing a cross country in a seminole (not a speed demon, but it is a twin!!) Cruising at 7000- GS about 170 kt's and a Bonanza blew past us as if we were standing still........
tongue.gif

Cessna T210R for me. Great airplane, known icing, radar, 29,000' ceiling, has it all..........

Any Mooney fans out there?! It may not be the fastest, but I love the Ovation 2 and the Bravo! Can't decide which one I like more...

Back