The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

Pretty sure the Michigan Militia didn't occupy a federal building.

Pretty sure? Did you context the differentiation between conspiracy vs. action?

The 2nd Amendment was written to allow folks to have guns to form militias (todays National Guard) to protect the newly formed, broke at the time Federal Government.

"the adjective 'well-regulated' implies nothing more than the imposition of proper discipline and training."

(1) The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.
(a) The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2–22.
(b) The prefatory clause comports with the Court’s interpretation of the operative clause. The “militia” comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens’ militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens’ militia would be preserved. Pp. 22–28.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

District of Columbia v. Heller

Says the man with no law degree in a 180 degree opinion from the SCOTUS. I'm sure that between the nine of them, there are nine law degrees. 9V0. I think 9 wins.

In a round about way he is correct, given that all able bodied males are in the unorganized militia, the 2nd amendment was written to allow them to be armed.

The organized militias eventually did become the national guard, but that transformation (militia act of 1903) is what separates and maintained the unorganized militia.

Seriously though, I train and maintain my equipment. If the motherland (NH)was invaded by Canada, I would do my part to resist the invading forces.

Likely? No... But who knows, that maple syrup can make people do crazy things. Goes straight to the brain.

In a round about way he is correct, given that all able bodied males are in the unorganized militia, the 2nd amendment was written to allow them to be armed.

The organized militias eventually did become the national guard, but that transformation (militia act of 1903) is what separates and maintained the unorganized militia.

Seriously though, I train and maintain my equipment. If the motherland (NH)was invaded by Canada, I would do my part to resist the invading forces.

Likely? No... But who knows, that maple syrup can make people do crazy things. Goes straight to the brain.
As a member of the Corps of Cadets at The Citadel, we were a Regiment of the SC unorganized militia. Living in NC, I'm a member of the unorganized militia too.

I'm gonna see about signing Seggy up for the one in Texas.

http://www.texasrepublicmilitia.com/membership_aplication.24.html

@Derg, actually I'm serious. This is to much, remove me from JC

I didn't start Jetcareers so people could have a platform to make sure everyone feels safe, secure and fulfilled on a topic like gun control (or lack thereof).

This is all on your guys for as long as everyone is within the community expectations of decorum, "The Lavatory" is a highly optional topic.

I really don't have any interest on this particular topic at all, just swing through to make sure y'all are abiding by the community rules and that's about it.

Back