The 75/76 Jumpseat medieval torture

Does AS have 2 jumps on the 737? I thought only SWA did? And yes that seat is HORRIBLE...but if I’m going home, a seat is a seat.

Here's a question. What's the proper etiquette when you're on the jumpseat and the crew is doing a potty break. Do you stow the seat and make yourself as small as possible against the closet as he passes by or do you exit, let him out and re-enter?

They do, and they're about the worst seat I've ever sat on...took one from LAS-SEA, and my legs were numb when we landed.

I don't mind the Eagle's Nest on the 757, I'll take it anyday over a 737...not to mention being able to get up/walk around (slightly). 76ER and 777 on DL are nice rides when I can catch one between SEA-ATL.
I used to get that seat between PDX and ANC when I was commuting. Thats a long flight in that seat.

I tried googling pictures but couldn’t find anything? What did they compare to in today’s fleet?

Nothing.

In one of the jumpseats, you sit behind and to the left of the captain. The seat on the right is the engineers seat. I can't remember where the second jumpseat was, it's been a long time. It might have been against the bulkhead wall.

1653112.jpg

Nothing.

In one of the jumpseats, you sit behind and to the left of the captain. The seat on the right is the engineers seat. I can't remember where the second jumpseat was, it's been a long time. It might have been against the bulkhead wall.

View attachment 43926
Wow. You could run laps in there. I love that it looks like it's parked at an apartment complex.

Nothing.

View attachment 43926
Looks fairly nice. I quite enjoyed the middle throne in HALs 767. Never got to fly in their 330s but heard they were even better.

Wow. You could run laps in there.

On the 330 (and I think 340) you can drop down the hatch behind the captain's seat and there is about 12 feet of tunnel through the EE compartment you can do laps in... I mean, I've heard about that.

Looks fairly nice. I quite enjoyed the middle throne in HALs 767. Never got to fly in their 330s but heard they were even better.

The 330 primary jumpseat is pretty nice. The secondary is comfortable -ish as well but it sits at a slight angle and feels strange during takeoff and landing.

On the 330 (and I think 340) you can drop down the hatch behind the captain's seat and there is about 12 feet of tunnel through the EE compartment you can do laps in... I mean, I've heard about that.

The 330 primary jumpseat is pretty nice. The secondary is comfortable -ish as well but it sits at a slight angle and feels strange during takeoff and landing.

4th seat is kind of weird on the 747 due to the thickness and curvature of the glass. Feels like you’re gonna land in the grass.

The 767 jumpseat is not a high chair like the 757. The door is pretty much where the high chair is.

Back