That time of year again

mshunter

20150112_112719.jpg Ugh.

My Part 135 Systems recurrent happens every December. So for three days every December I leave sunny and warm GFK for the frigid climes of SDL.

Nope. I get a paid ticket all the way to Miami and back, get put in a nice hotel, and only spend four hours per day in the sim. The rest is spent relaxing by the pool.

Ill trade you Miami for Denver. Denver is nice but Stapleton sucks. No car and no pool.

There is a big difference between the 91/135 company cutting Flight Safety a check for your training and the 121 enviornment. That part of corporate was better than the airlines.

WAY better. You can be a pretty big screw up and still pass a ride when you're paying for it. Pretty much just don't red screen on a V1 cut, and you'll pass. 121, you had better show up ready to do it all, with precision.

I would agree. Don't stress a check ride, you should be able to perform one at a moments notice anyways. Now you get some training to help you do it, in an airplane you are very familiar with. It's a vacation.

And it shouldn't be a check ride either, but a way to practice things you don't see during normal operation and to clean up areas where you lack a bit of proficiency....at least that it is how it works for us, it`s rather an enjoyable learning experience.

WAY better. You can be a pretty big screw up and still pass a ride when you're paying for it. Pretty much just don't red screen on a V1 cut, and you'll pass. 121, you had better show up ready to do it all, with precision.
121 checks weren't hard either. You'd have to be a pretty bad pilot to screw that up!

NetJets training is 121 and I don't see much of a difference. Initial is scary but recurrents shouldn't be a big deal no matter who you fly for.

Back