PHL

Just landed in Newark and it wasn’t awful. Then they stole my airplane for a delayed flight and delayed me by an hour! EWR SUCKS!

So good news yall, in the last weeks of July, due to people already being in PHL or on house hunting leave, most days have a total of 5-7 people. That means 2 midnight, 2 day shift, 2 evening shift on average assuming no one bangs in. Good luck!

And I bid reserve in July to get days off for OshKosh. I am not a smart maaaaaan.

I’ll be moving outside PHL middle of next month. Supposedly airspace will follow suit a couple weeks later. The Tracon is at the base of the PHL tower so I’ll actually be at the airport if any of y’all fly through, although the tower is on the opposite side of the airport than the terminal. I’m excited to be getting off Long Island, under contract with my new house about an hour west of the airport. Can’t wait to be living in the middle of nowhere again! Sucks the FAA has completely •ed this airspace move up though, good luck to yall flying into EWR/TEB for the next 5 years.

Congrats on the escape! Dude, weren't you working on that pre-COVID?

Congrats on the escape! Dude, weren't you working on that pre-COVID?

It first came out in 2020 lol. 4 years of it’s happening! It’s not! It’s happening! It’s not! Surprise it’s happening and you have 2 months to get there!

Now personally, I’m super excited. I love that my new house is in conveniently located middle of nowhere, has land, I can’t spit into my neighbors yard from my porch, no street lights, and if we wind up not liking it part of the deal for volunteering is after 3 years I can go wherever I want.

It first came out in 2020 lol. 4 years of it’s happening! It’s not! It’s happening! It’s not! Surprise it’s happening and you have 2 months to get there!

Now personally, I’m super excited. I love that my new house is in conveniently located middle of nowhere, has land, I can’t spit into my neighbors yard from my porch, no street lights, and if we wind up not liking it part of the deal for volunteering is after 3 years I can go wherever I want.
You will love tax free buying power in Delaware!

dang that last tidbit is gold
congrats man, glad to hear there’s at least a light at the end of the tunnel if you so choose

Back