Thank you, Jetcareers!

Congrats! I was already in aviation when I found Jetcareers but my path would have been very different without it. It was here that I found out about the aerial survey world and the company I ended up working for.

Also as proof of how small aviation is, I was looking through your Instagram pictures from that night I’m 98% sure one of the two pilots that did my interview a couple weeks ago is in one.

Do it correctly please

62F99539-2C92-44E0-8170-236CC627B684.gif

• Haha
Reactions: JEP
Congratulations! Well deserved. I'm an elder so I was already established in my career when I joined. But, through this site, I met some really wonderful people that I am proud to have assisted along the way. And I'll never forget the support during the strike in 2010 when I was the lonely Spirit member here. Now look at the pack--it's sad not to be able to fly with any of you! But in my part time gig, I get to train more pilots and spread the word about this site.

It makes me and my wife smile every time we see another announcement as folks advance.

Last edited:
Congrats Doug!

Would not be where I am in my career without this website.

Congrats Doug! Likewise, this site and people I've met have been an invaluable resource to me. I regularly recommend Jetcareers to those worthies coming up behind me.

Fix

Doug, nobody deserves this more than you. Jetcareers, the site, was a big part of my life back in the 2000's, evolving into meeting you, Kristie and others in person and becoming friends. Even in the midst of the pandemic, you managed to have not just kept the momentum going, but brought us all closer as a community. I don't post on forums and social media as much as I used to, but that connection to this community has been a north star in my journey. Thank you for being a true friend and mentor.

The impact you have directly made on others through mentoring is huge, but I bet it pales in comparison to the total impact you have made by inspiring others to also mentor and pay it forward. To even give a fraction of what you have would be something to which we should all aspire. Whether we already have made that impact on someone or will in the future, that multiplicative effect will probably last beyond our generation.

I’m getting inducted into the Delta Chairman’s Club class of 2021 this week in Atlanta.

Without you guys it really wouldn’t have happened, and this is why. Time after time again, other honorees from other parts of the company, including a lot of my chief pilots and flight operations leadership would say “if not for your website, I wouldn’t be where I am today” or “I flew with a (captain/first officer) that talked about Jetcareers and it’s what got them into aviation.

So thank YOU guys! This is for all of us.

I get my name on a jet, hopefully not a 737, but if you see this out on the line, it’s for you guys:

I’ll post more photos of the festivities at Instagram as @DergCap : Login • Instagram
View attachment 61867
This picture makes me so much more happy!

I'm late to the party (whoops), but this is outstanding! Congrats, Doug...very well deserved!!!

I’m even later, but not all surprised. I keep telling people about this community. The others…they’re more like reading opinion sections of magazines. Here, I’ve made connections and friends and hopefully nudged one or two people in the right direction.

But Doug, you’re in a class of your own. You earned it and many are better off because of you. Thank you!

Back