Terminal selected folks...info

how in the hell am I going to do that?

Mylar, grease pencil and lots of time...like two-three months doing the same thing every day. Go to Miami ARTCC and it could be well over a year.
Back on track...look this info up. There is nothing more than an instructor HATES is someone unprepared, unmotivated and lazy. You break time should be to stick your nose in the .65, not watch TV and bull###### with your pals. Showing up already knowing your frequencies, LOA/SOP's ( there is a web site..don't remember if it is FAA computer specific or not..that has every LOA/SOP on it..I'll find out), airways, phraseology, etc. goes a long way into how much your instructor will work with you and back you. Be a lazy ass and he will not have much sympathy when the training review board comes calling.

Mylar, grease pencil and lots of time...like two-three months doing the same thing every day. Go to Miami ARTCC and it could be well over a year.
Back on track...look this info up. There is nothing more than an instructor HATES is someone unprepared, unmotivated and lazy. You break time should be to stick your nose in the .65, not watch TV and bull###### with your pals. Showing up already knowing your frequencies, LOA/SOP's ( there is a web site..don't remember if it is FAA computer specific or not..that has every LOA/SOP on it..I'll find out), airways, phraseology, etc. goes a long way into how much your instructor will work with you and back you. Be a lazy ass and he will not have much sympathy when the training review board comes calling.

Hey buddy ole pal, you think it would be beneficial to study up on your facility stuff before and/or during your OKC training or is it better just to focus on the actual material they expect you to know in OKC? I'd love to learn about ZTL now and get ahead a bit unless it would only confuse and slow me down.

Hey buddy ole pal, you think it would be beneficial to study up on your facility stuff before and/or during your OKC training or is it better just to focus on the actual material they expect you to know in OKC? I'd love to learn about ZTL now and get ahead a bit unless it would only confuse and slow me down.

As long as your OKC learning does not suffer, I would try to learn as much as possible about ZTL at the same time.

If you can get your hands on a map, white out everything with the exception of the intersections and boundaries, take that down to Staples, Office Depot, or wherever and get it laminated so you can practice drawing everything on there with dry erase markers. It's really not as difficult as it sounds. :panic:

It's really not as difficult as it sounds. :panic:

Like saaaaaaaaaay....cleaning your room, feeding the dog, taking out the trash, getting to school on time????? :drool:

Oops wrong place for this.

Whose that jerk in the Yankees hat (ZTL DevelopMENTAL boyfriend) in your avitar? We're from Boston damit.
hangingsox.gif

Hey Mr./Mrs. Moderator. How about we "sticky" this Forum. This information is useful to any and all who are going to become controllers.

ATLTRACON- do you know if the 7110.65 is available for purchase anywhere offhand? My printer would go kaput printing this out. My parents would cripple me for preinting it out and my job would probably fire me. LOL its like 600 pages. I've skimmed but would prefer an actual manual to sit down with.

ATLTRACON- do you know if the 7110.65 is available for purchase anywhere offhand? My printer would go kaput printing this out. My parents would cripple me for preinting it out and my job would probably fire me. LOL its like 600 pages. I've skimmed but would prefer an actual manual to sit down with.

I just checked into sending the file to Kinko's or Staples and having it printed and bound. It's in the ballpark of $50-$60. I'm definitely considering it unless we can buy it cheaper elsewhere...

Man.... Kinko's sounds like a better option because I get like a 40% discount there. 116.00 is just a BIT steep. If anyone finds anything PLEASE share

The only option sounds like the Kinko's route. We can't even get one if we wanted one. Everything has gone "paperless".

i printed mine out at work, i'd print like a chapter each day ;) my boss uses so much paper, no one would notice a missing ream, anyway

Or, save your money/paper until you reach the Academy and you'll receive a .65 at no charge, on the U.S. government's dollar.

Ok for enroute I heard someone said to get the maps and learn the jet routes and the victor routes? is this right? I found a map of the ZFW Airspace on skyvector and there was a high alt and a low alt Im assuming the Jet routes are on the high alt and the Victors are on the Low alt? Are those the only thing I have to remember? Or also VOR, TACAN, VORTAC names and locations?? The maps are for the entire airspace in ZFW so i need to worry about know what specific sectors are right now or just start on the routes?

Ok for enroute I heard someone said to get the maps and learn the jet routes and the victor routes? is this right? I found a map of the ZFW Airspace on skyvector and there was a high alt and a low alt Im assuming the Jet routes are on the high alt and the Victors are on the Low alt? Are those the only thing I have to remember? Or also VOR, TACAN, VORTAC names and locations?? The maps are for the entire airspace in ZFW so i need to worry about know what specific sectors are right now or just start on the routes?

These are the things you will have to know on the map, in no particular order.
  1. Jet Routes
  2. Victor Routes
  3. Intersections
  4. Any Color Routes (oceanic, etc)
  5. ALL NAVAIDS, NDB's, VOR's, VORTAC's, TACAN's, etc. names & frequencies.
  6. Once you get your specific area - certain approaches including inbound radial, MIA, etc.
  7. MIA's, MVA's MOCA's, etc.
  8. radials of the airways and Jetroutes
  9. adjacent frequencies UHF/VHF
When you first get there you will have to draw the entire ZFW airspace which may consist of hundreds of intersections, navaids, airways and the like. After that you will be told which Area you're going to and then you really concentrate on just your area.

And this is just the TIP of the iceberg.:panic:

Cool im sure that will at least get me started... lol. Thanks for all the info. I know it a little of topic but while in developemental/training do you get OT/Night and Sunday pay? What kind of hrs while in training? M-F 8-5 or do they put you on shift work right away?

Cool im sure that will at least get me started... lol. Thanks for all the info. I know it a little of topic but while in developemental/training do you get OT/Night and Sunday pay? What kind of hrs while in training? M-F 8-5 or do they put you on shift work right away?

While in classroom training you are usually on an 8.5 hour day, M-F 0700-1530, no pay for lunch. Once you go to the floor you will be on rotating shifts with Night and Sunday. No OT until you at least get checked out on two positions.

Just to clarify, we can get the low and high-altitude sectionals and start from there? Or is there a specific map just for ZTL airspace? I am only familiar with the sectional charts and I guess ZTL overlaps onto several of those.

Back