Tenative PUB2 Pepc dates

I wonder, if just for me, they would swap the NY and LA dates so I can get mine sooner? Probably not. Oh Well.

Does anyone think that PUBNAT3ers might be able to attend the November LA PEPC?

That seems like it might be in a sufficient period of time?

EDIT: Also, where might I be able to find a trustworthy source of the hiring need in my state, besides speculation? Someone mentioned NATCA?

Do you have any information on the rumors that Pubnat2 and 3 may be combined?

I emailed the contact on the application to ask and they said PUBNAT 2 and 3 will not be combined, and that it is a 2-3 month wait for PUBNAT 3 to get geographic preferences.

The same guy gave me fairly accurate information about the AT-SAT before we took it, so as much as I don't want to, I'm leaning toward believing him.

Does anyone think that PUBNAT3ers might be able to attend the November LA PEPC?

That seems like it might be in a sufficient period of time?

EDIT: Also, where might I be able to find a trustworthy source of the hiring need in my state, besides speculation? Someone mentioned NATCA?

I Don't think its likely. The people like to take there time considering how many people they need to hire. You apply 2 months later you take the atsat a month later you get your geo pref e-mail, another month later they have there panels to consider you, then a month to two months later pepc which tells you a month to 6 months later your going to okc. I figure they will be done in time for the pepc, maybe. I heard that the time for each Pubnat will get slower and slower.

I wouldent mind if you were right, we can get more people through, meaning if I dont make this one its closer to my next one.

Assuming they have panels on 9/8, it doesn't make sense that they would have PEPC the week of Oct. 6.

They probably have over 2000 qualified applicants just from PUBNAT2, and assuming they look at each one for just a minute, that's 33 straight hours. Even if they break up the work into several simultaneous panels, they would have to winnow the applications down down then compare results. The whole thing could take several days. By the time they send out TOLs, it could be 9/12 or the next monday which is 9/15.

This would only give us three weeks to prepare for PEPC (10 references, SF-85/86 forms, all previous addresses, all previous jobs/job addresses, tickets over $150, countries traveled to, etc...) People reading these forums might already be getting all that information together, but Joe Public has no idea. It takes time to get a driving record. Something doesn't make sense here.

Assuming they have panels on 9/8, it doesn't make sense that they would have PEPC the week of Oct. 6.

They probably have over 2000 qualified applicants just from PUBNAT2, and assuming they look at each one for just a minute, that's 33 straight hours. Even if they break up the work into several simultaneous panels, they would have to winnow the applications down down then compare results. The whole thing could take several days. By the time they send out TOLs, it could be 9/12 or the next monday which is 9/15.

This would only give us three weeks to prepare for PEPC (10 references, SF-85/86 forms, all previous addresses, all previous jobs/job addresses, tickets over $150, countries traveled to, etc...) People reading these forums might already be getting all that information together, but Joe Public has no idea. It takes time to get a driving record. Something doesn't make sense here.

I would agree that the 6th seems aweful fast.... But all you have to do is look at the time between Pubnat1 applicants getting on the list and when the first Pepc began...

My source is a family member that is in Managment at a Major Facility...and he asked another person in managment that is on the interview team.

As far as getting the info together....I don't think the government cares that you have 3 weeks to gather info... You are applying for a government job....you have been waiting for this interview/screening for months...and you have a choice of which pepc to attend...

Sure thang.

I hate how it specifies that you can't cross-list any references.

Besides, can I seriously find ten people who I haven't pissed off? :laff:

Here is my problem... I lived in 6 residences in college over a 3 year time and had the same friends the whole time. They want a new person each time to verify you lived there...Hell, I lived in two places at once for a month....trying to save some money...thats gonna look weird.

Plus....I was the kind of guy that played ps3 my whole way through college....friends...who needs them when you have a Ps3...

Kindaradleys signature.... match this up with what you said...

02/08- FEBOT/AT-SAT invite
04/08- AT-SAT-98.2%
05/08- Geo Pref (ZKC)
06/08- Referral List
07/07/08-NYC PEPC & TOL!!

Here is my problem... I lived in 6 residences in college over a 3 year time and had the same friends the whole time. They want a new person each time to verify you lived there...Hell, I lived in two places at once for a month....trying to save some money...thats gonna look weird.

Plus....I was the kind of guy that played ps3 my whole way through college....friends...who needs them when you have a Ps3...

Just repeat some of those good friends on your address verification ;)

That's what I had to do. Keep in mind that the information you provide is voluntary, so do the best you can. When you run out of contacts, then there is really no choice, plus you can probably get away with repeating them.

Imagine having worked for two family businesses -- that looks like sh-t on an app., regardless of whether or not you did a good job.

Residence: "For any address in the last 5 years, list a person who knew you at that address, and who preferably still lives in that area (do not list people for residences completely outside this 5-year period, and do not list your spouse, former spouses, or other relatives). Also for addresses in the last 5 years, if the address is "General Delivery," a Rural or Star Route, or may be difficult to locate, provide directions for locating the residence on an attached continuation sheet. "

Personal: "List three people who know you well and live in the United States. They should be good friends, peers, colleagues, college roommates, etc., whose combined association with you covers as well as possible the last 7 years. Do not list your spouse, former spouses, or other relatives, and try not to list anyone who is listed elsewhere on this form."

Keep in mind, it says "person who knew you at that address". That can be your friend, and there is nothing that specifically forbids repeating these contacts for your residence. -----> Don't use a personal contact from your residence contact, BUT repeat your residence contacts all you want!

Here is your solution:
Ex. If you have 4 good references, then use 3 for personal, and use the last one for ALL your address (LOL, it's technically correct)

So I hate to sound newbie-ish, but I searched and can't find out how to know which PUBNAT I am, and other than Public & National, can't quite figure out what it means, really, in the big picture.

I did my GEOPREF selection on 8/4, and now am waiting and reading in hopes of answers, but am still LOST.

It seems like an average wait time from picking your geo. pref. until PEPC is about 2 months. Is this an accurate assumption? I have a friend who was on her way to OKC and is now in a holding pattern, awaiting the green to continue to OKC.

as far as employment references go...

how many do they ask for? i have only had one job for about a two year period before college days. since that was quite a while ago, i don't expect them to reply to a reference letter. i hope this wouldn't look bad. is only having one job a big deal? i definitely meet the job work/experience requirements even without the job listed.

Back