Talking with pilots in the Terminal.

[ QUOTE ]
I kinda felt like an idiot the last time I tried to talk to some Delta pilots. We stayed at the Embassy at DFW, and were waiting on the shuttle to take us to our departing terminal at 7AM a couple weeks ago. It was only my family, and two pilots. But being that I don't fly with the airlines much, I couldn't figure out who they flew for. So I walked up to them and asked "what airlines do you fly for," knowing that is about the lamest question I could have possibly asked. They paused for a few seconds, and said, "Delta." I knew that I looked dumb, and just ended it by saying, "Well I just finished my Instrument license a in November, and thought I'd say hi." They said congradulations, and I walked off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel so bad.......when I chatted with this AA pilot in the terminal at CLT while waiting for my flight to MIA I went up to him and said "So.....you're a pilot for American, huh?" ....... I mean..DUH, why ask that question....but I didn't know how else to start the conversation. He was a really nice guy though.

Don't feel so bad....I laugh at myself as I was writting that
grin.gif

I flew with South West two summers ago to New Orleans. The flight was delayed and the flight crew was waiting at the gate entrance, looking like they weren't doing anything important, I walked over introduced myself to the F/O, then he introduced me to his girlfriend one of the flight attendents
shocked.gif
cool.gif
. He told me the Capt. was off buying a few subs for the crew. The F/O and I began talking then eventualy the Capt. came and we started to talk. In the back of my mind I was thinking "hey this is pretty cool I'm, hanging out with a 737-700 crew". The aircraft finally arrived then he then asked if I wanted to check-out the flightdeck and see them do their ( I'm guessing its called a pre- push back check list were they check the weight and amount of fuel they have and a list of relevant pre -taxi saftey issues), it was absolutely fantastic. So my experience was quiet a treat.
grin.gif

Back