Taboo For Pilots To Do Stuff While Cruising?

Well, what about the dude that was flying along and determined the substance from his penis smelled like onions and tasted like chocolate? What was he doing before he needed to divert?

24136650.jpg
haha no fap September how long have you gone??

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I dunno. Ive seen pilots do a whole lotta "stuff" at cruise. Im going to guess that as long as you arent doing anything illegal, sleeping of fcuking around youll be fine. If its causing you to miss ATC communications or you arent paying attention to your instruments, probably not a good idea.

Bonus points if you do this without an autopilot IMC single pilot. 2x, if you're pouring yourself a cup of coffee while intercepting the localizer under the same conditions.
Maybe I should add a scoring system to the app too.

That would be a great app to have! Of the top of my head this is what we record for engine parameters for a B200.

Torque
ITT
prop RPM
Ng %
TAS
OAT
Altitude
Oil pressure
Oil temp

Other times we keep track of is flying within the base state for tax purposes.

Well, what about the dude that was flying along and determined the substance from his penis smelled like onions and tasted like chocolate? What was he doing before he needed to divert?
I'm sorry... dafuq??? Seriously? I'm not even sure I want to say this, but... story?

That would be a great app to have! Of the top of my head this is what we record for engine parameters for a B200.

Torque
ITT
prop RPM
Ng %
TAS
OAT
Altitude
Oil pressure
Oil temp

Other times we keep track of is flying within the base state for tax purposes.

Thats good stuff, keep it coming! As I keep reading the replies and see the title I am reminded of how wrong my thread title was. Kind of surprised it didn't get banished to the lav. Innuendo was not my intention, but for future reference I now know how to get pilots attention.

Thats good stuff, keep it coming! As I keep reading the replies and see the title I am reminded of how wrong my thread title was. Kind of surprised it didn't get banished to the lav. Innuendo was not my intention, but for future reference I now know how to get pilots attention.
It would also be nice to be able to email or update a database for the company to view.

I'm sorry... dafuq??? Seriously? I'm not even sure I want to say this, but... story?
I guess you had to be there....
"I'm experiencing a greenish-orange discharge from my penis that smells like onions but tastes like chocolate."

I used to say that when a supe asked why I was calling in sick... it pretty much brought the nosy questions to a halt.
Better you follow TFaudree's advice, though. Less chance for repercussions that way.

It would also be nice to be able to email or update a database for the company to view.
I would assume your company already is putting the information you are recording into some sort of spreadsheet or database. Or what gets done with the information?

In compliance with our engine MSP, every leg we record values similar to what CessnaFlyer described (N1, N2, ITT, Altitude, SAT or RAT, Oil P, Oil T for the TFE731). Currently this gets written down on a sheet in our binder and turned into maintenance.

We also have to hand write expense reports (hotels, transportation, etc.) that get submitted via paper copy.

Our trip paperwork that gets filled out every leg includes Out/Off/On/In times, flight time, block time, fuel at T/O, fuel at Landing, fuel used, ID verification of pax, FRAT score, etc... It would be pretty cool to go paperless with that. However, that trip sheet is generated from the FOS program we have; don't think it'd be realistic to go paperless with that unless the makers of FOS come out with their own iPad app.

Having these things on an already-present iPad would be nice, that way when we get on the ground we can just e-mail them to our company.

As we're 135, we would have to go through an approval process with the FAA for using a new app on the iPad (we have to describe in detail what apps are installed and how we use them).

In response to your original question, our sterile cockpit policy is pretty standard and it's "suggested" that we don't do paperwork until cruise.

I would assume your company already is putting the information you are recording into some sort of spreadsheet or database. Or what gets done with the information?
Sorry been on vacation for the last few days.

We are doing it all by paper and carbon copy now. We just recently started entering that information into an excel file as well which gets sent to the accounting department.

Back