Tab Express

[ QUOTE ]
Chair flying won't help when the radar is painting red everywhere and the lightning is burning your retinas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Send him to FL in the summer time with no radar. That'll fix 'em! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A POST FOR TAB EXPRESSer's

Tab Express told me that they just got their 121 cert, now they can get their airline running, I contacted the FAA Orlando FSDO and only one of their three beech-1900's are 135 cert. The 135 cert for the 1900 is new. What kind of BS are they feeding people over there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
A POST FOR TAB EXPRESSer's

Tab Express told me that they just got their 121 cert, now they can get their airline running, I contacted the FAA Orlando FSDO and only one of their three beech-1900's are 135 cert. The 135 cert for the 1900 is new. What kind of BS are they feeding people over there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They told me they got their 135 cert - not their 121. Perhaps you talked with someone who was confused and are overreacting a bit. People make mistakes you know.

I know people make mistakes, I just remembered the 121 because it really stood out. Different from other places. So I just checked up on it.

[ QUOTE ]
I just remembered the 121 because it really stood out. Different from other places. So I just checked up on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They seem to be different. What I heard, but can not verify because I wouldn't even begin to know who to talk to is:

They got certified 135 because 121 would have taken them a lot more money and a lot more time. The guy who runs the operation wants to get things running.

They had a lot of difficulty getting 135 cert because of other Florida ventures by other companies misleading the FAA. This in turn put egg on the face of the FAA and they had been quite hesitant to give the go ahead to any company wanting to start up operations.

Now, also what I heard, is that TAB can start to book flights because they did get certified. Good luck to them in staying in the air /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They seem to be an interesting venture to follow, but IMHO if they don't start flying soon - like within the next 3 months - they're not going to be running an airline.

-mox

[ QUOTE ]
They had a lot of difficulty getting 135 cert because of other Florida ventures by other companies misleading the FAA. This in turn put egg on the face of the FAA and they had been quite hesitant to give the go ahead to any company wanting to start up operations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe they had difficulty getting the 135 cert becuase other Florda Ventures IE: DISCOVERY AIR, that the same person, Mitch Mitchelson, was a founder of, took the money out of the pockets of the poor ATA Students that got shafted.

Well in case anyone was wondering we sent 6 applicants to American Eagle. Two washed out in initial interview - one in the sim and one on the technical. Both good pilots and were invited back when polished up (I dont want it to sound like I am bashing anyone here because I am not). Four made it into the FO program. Of that one resigned during the sim phase, one left before IOE began and two made it to the line.

Subsequently I wouldn't believe the "Bridge program." It no longer exists as of August 10. Sent out emails inquiring on the next steps since I had been out of the TAB program for a while. Got my 500TT only to get a polite email from Colette (HR for Eagle) informing me of the news. Same-same about Colgan Air. I had to find this out from the HR representatives of both of our suposed "bridge programs". Nothing was ever mentioned about this from TAB to its graduates. Go figure.

Just thought you'd all like to know in case anyone is still thinking of attending their program.

It will all be fine. XJT actually hires at 600. And from what I have been told Colgan seems to have a beef with some of our people. It's not their piloting skills, it's the fact that some have left before upgrading after a year. Here's the thing, if you ask someone to sign a year contract and they leave upon completion of it...why is that bad? If you want us around and you know it's two years to upgrade then restructure the darn thing. I cannot blame anyone for trying to make the best life for themselves, can you?
banghead.gif
Thanks for the kind words and it was Claudette at Eagle (my bad, way too much ATP studying!)

Primarily one of the reasons why I say to chose a flight school for quality training first and foremost. So when bridge and 'guaranteed'-type programs get cancelled, delayed or dissolved, you're not stuck with having paid a large premium for your certificates and ratings.

Quality first. But umm, people don't listen to me anyway!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Primarily one of the reasons why I say to chose a flight school for quality training first and foremost. So when bridge and 'guaranteed'-type programs get cancelled, delayed or dissolved, you're not stuck with having paid a large premium for your certificates and ratings.

Quality first. But umm, people don't listen to me anyway!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm............hmmmmm............hmm...hmmm

Huh?

What?

Were you saying something?

Precisamundo!

Methinks I'm just here for comic relief anyhoo.
smile.gif

Back