Tab Airlines

shooter13

Driving through Orlando yesturday on my way home, I noticed a billboard for Tab Express Airline. I saw they have a web page but not a lot of info on it. Anyone know what is going on with this? Are they going to start flying revenue trips with the paying pilots up front a la Gulfstream???

Here is the link

Rumors of a BE1900C airline are flying, but I'll believe it when I see an aircraft on the ramp, WITH pilots, WITH paying passengers.

When you consider that the some of the top mgt at TAB were in fact also at Gulfstream, and Avatar before that, what do you think? They are very good friends with the guy who started Valujet as well.

So I got a letter in the mail yesturday telling me that TAB express is not a traditional flight school but a "training airliine"
(I wonder if they will use that in the airlines marketing)

Upon completion of training, you are guaranteed employment as a first officer on TAB express airlines.

So I suppose we now know what is going on with this.

[ QUOTE ]
So I got a letter in the mail yesturday telling me that TAB express is not a traditional flight school but a "training airliine"

Upon completion of training, you are guaranteed employment as a first officer on TAB express airlines.

I spoke with Steve Drummond on the telephone about this- he says that this is for building hours to hire on with regionals which have been hiring pilots at 500 hours.......

They have put ads on the side of the bus service that goes around the DAB area too. Have seen them driving up and down A1A by the beach.

Lets not forget that a few of the guys listed as management were also at ATA before is shutdown

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the one thing eveyone needs to remember is that there is no such thing as a guarentee in the Airline Industry!
banghead.gif

Let's also not forget that Tab Express is, as of this posting, not a functional airline. They have planes, but they have yet to carry a paying passenger. You could complete all of your training at the school, but if the airline never starts, you're out a ton of money with no CFI tickets.

They've been parking one of them near Avion here at SFB. Might be the CE avionics place. I went and toured there a month or so ago. The aircraft were late 1960s King airs and B1900s. Maybe its just their age that made them look bad, but I sure as hell wouldnt fly one and I am a huge proponet of flying older but well maintained AC.

Also, when I was there I got a copy of both the student contracts and the Employment agreement. When it comes to the refund of the training costs. They can fire you at anytime with or without cause If you have the contract aswell, take a goodlook at page 9. 3rd paragragph line 3. THE MONETARY BONUS PART OF THIS CONTRACT WILL BE NULL AND VOID. Well I an no lawyer, but looks like they buried a way out right in the middle of the contract.
Be carful and read everything before you sign up there.

Well we knew there was a catch to it. No one is just going to give back $60,000 because you stayed 3 yrs. I am sure there are "items" in the contract also

Advertising. There are a LOT of disgruntled DCA students looking for another school. It's actually a slick move. If they see the "fly this plane" neon sign, they'll jump DCA in a heartbeat and run to TAB. It's probably parked over at Avion b/c DCA didn't want them near their ramp.

Yep. Two at DED and one at SFB. I've seen one fly into DED. They mostly use the Kingairsfor training.

I know they have 2 1900's right now. I think the one is in SFB for mx issues they've been having with the engines but not totally sure. But they do have 2 of them painted in their colors.

They've got a bunch of C90's but I believe most are on lease and not owned by the company or Tab Express Industries (TEi).

The employment contract you guys mention - this is my understanding of it:

1. Complete private-comm multi inst with training dept. - come out with 250 logged hrs. - $95,000
2. Pay 20g's for the opportunity to fly right seat in their 1900 when (and if) the airline starts - BTW I belive its 135, not 121.
3. "Build time" being a gear biatch with Tab's airline.
4. At 500 hrs go to Colgan and pay another 20g's to be a gear biatch. You also have the opportunity to go to Eagle I believe.

Atleast from my understanding that's how it works. They had a gear up in a king air a week or so ago in Deland. Wasn't due to pilot error, the gear failed to extend. Not sure I'd like to fly them though (as pax) because they're advertising students on board!! Crazy if they think the public will except it !!

~wheelsup

Back