Swiss A340 low approach landing 1R at SFO

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
Finally got a copy of Sony Vegas, one of the first things I plan to do is make a video full of footage I got of aircraft doing the rare Kai Tak-like circle-to-land 01R approach at SFO at the end of 2014. In the meantime, I uploaded this HD clip of Swiss 038 from Zurich flying a much tighter base leg than any other heavy I saw and giving us a nice sexy bank low over the Millbrae hills. This was shot from the Millbrae BART garage at the end of 01R which is only a few stories tall.

I would have stayed and gotten a lot more video when it got too dark to shoot photos, but I had to go pick up the lady at the time for 2 nights at a hotel for New Years. What a crappy day. :) However, I did drag her up to the garage to see a few landings but didn't take the camera out. Then, of course, Singapore decided to give everyone a heart attack and buzz the garage far lower than anything else. I didn't notice, but one of the folks in the crowd was a buddy of mine who got this video. You can even see my car in the elevated part on the right. But you can't see me jumping around shouting "OMFG DID YOU SEE THAT?! HOLY CUSS NERD NERD NERD 777 FAP FAP FAP" or something like that.

Last edited:
Back