SWA...Wha-evr, I do watta wan.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27505
  • Start date
'Safety manageme...zzzzzzzzzzz'

Hey, do you have one of them thar Safety Management Superfluities? We shore do. I've been told that if any ramp checker asks me if we have a SMS, I'm supposed to perk right up and answer, "Yes, Sir, we shore do." And just to reinforce this lesson we have these real nifty posters posted all over the the offices and the hangars. They give us some practice in how to answer. They ask us the question: "Do we have a Safety Management System?" And then they give us the answer in case we fergot: "YES!! WE DO!"
Iddnt dat niice? So thoughtful of management to help us out like that with practice and all. I mayght jus a fergot otherwise.

Imagine, my ass, painted with a giant mural of SWA company slogans. Our captain seats, raped, painted, everday. Follow our seniority, walking Golden, seeing over AirTran 717s into the Rule.

I'd be the first to confess that it's not a pretty picture.

I KNEW you would bite. Bravo! I'm laughing my giant, raped, company-painted ass off right now!!!

We have to pass the time, don't we? :D

Well, since you're not a senior hiring captain at SWA or American with favors to do for me, Yes, We Do! (Dammit, why can't you be a freaking senior hiring captain at SWA or American. Any jobs at your company?)

I personally won't pass up an opportunity to wear a different piece of uniform kit without getting into trouble.
Your masters used to let the CS agents wear jeans with the uniform one week every October as part of the awareness program so long as you bought the tie. That was fun.

Your masters used to let the CS agents wear jeans with the uniform one week every October as part of the awareness program so long as you bought the tie. That was fun.

images

Casual Fridays, hawaiian shirt days, pep rallies, and all that other crap is just a way for crappy companies to make underpaid and overworked employees falsely feel like they have a good job. It's nothing but a clever ploy. Good jobs don't have casual Fridays, they have good pay, work rules, and benefits. They can keep their funny looking ties and hawaiian shirts.

Casual Fridays, hawaiian shirt days, pep rallies, and all that other crap is just a way for crappy companies to make underpaid and overworked employees falsely feel like they have a good job. It's nothing but a clever ploy. Good jobs don't have casual Fridays, they have good pay, work rules, and benefits. They can keep their funny looking ties and hawaiian shirts.
Now I come to work in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops so everyday is casual Friday. But I agree.

Last edited:
Derg said:
I walk in and I see "Pink Ties: $20" You know someone tried to give me some shizzle for not having one on? That was a fun conversation. "Already gave at the office, honey, trust me."

Oh, Delta Air Lines, Inc and RA should be delighted to know that one of his regional partner's crew successfully syphoned over $1100 from Delta passengers in support of fighting booby cancer.

Somehow I doubt they'll be invited to the Chairman's ball next year.

I'm always amazed at what air traffic controllers consider "appropriate for the conduct of Government business."

But maybe some of that is envy, too...
I don't have the cajones to show up as homeless looking as some of the the FAA guys haha. One dude always comes to work in sweatpants stained at the crotch and gas station t-shirts. I just dress like I would normally.

I don't have the cajones to show up as homeless looking as some of the the FAA guys haha. One dude always comes to work in sweatpants stained at the crotch and gas station t-shirts. I just dress like I would normally.

I worked with a guy, recently retired, who had one pair or shoes (black Adidas) one pair of sandals (Birkenstock) one pair of nylon shorts, one pair of breakaway pants and three T shirts in his wardrobe. Those were his work clothes post white book, so circa October 2009 and they lasted him until this summer when he retired. It didn't help that he showered about once a week and always showed up on position with a massive 6 liter bowl of fresh popcorn.

I'm all for being comfortable in the facility, because lets face it who are you trying to impress? I worked a tour group last week (I didn't know I would be until I left the sector) with four days beard growth, but I at least had clean clothes and a shower, jeeze.

I worked with a guy, recently retired, who had one pair or shoes (black Adidas) one pair of sandals (Birkenstock) one pair of nylon shorts, one pair of breakaway pants and three T shirts in his wardrobe. Those were his work clothes post white book, so circa October 2009 and they lasted him until this summer when he retired. It didn't help that he showered about once a week and always showed up on position with a massive 6 liter bowl of fresh popcorn.

I'm all for being comfortable in the facility, because lets face it who are you trying to impress? I worked a tour group last week (I didn't know I would be until I left the sector) with four days beard growth, but I at least had clean clothes and a shower, jeeze.

On a related note, I remember when this happened back around 2007! :)
http://www.newkenmore.com/agianni/?p=114

Back