SWA Activist investor wants new BOD

Hey all - I've been away with familial death, multiple spinal fractures, my own end of life talk with a doctor (not imminent, unless it is), Maggie's wedding, and other stuff - it's been an eventful summer.

Zap is one of my favorite members. I even had beers with him once. Anyone who has been around long enough knows that a) Zap has had an extraordinary run of bad luck/timing in this industry and b) How Zap always pined for SWA as well as c) Zap likes Disney.

Further, I served on a Board with Colleen Barrett (RIP) and I absolutely adored her.

With that said, for all you that are prognosticating on SWA value as a trading stock - if you didn't short SWA immediately after Zap left JB to go to work there...then you don't know how to read history and shouldn't actively trade but just dabble in Index funds and such.

Zap is one of my favorite people I don’t know in person.

Yea, chasing seniority lists for the new hotness isn’t healthy for the career. Ernie Gann said that way back in the day, so that’s nothing new.

Zap is one of my favorite people I don’t know in person.

Yea, chasing seniority lists for the new hotness isn’t healthy for the career. Ernie Gann said that way back in the day, so that’s nothing new.
That is the thing - I never ever get the feeling Zap chased a seniority list. He'd still be at USAir (or United?) from before 9-11 if the 9-11 thing hadn't happened.

Back