Superbowl Snacks

8y6azy5e.jpg

Sabra makes a variety of flavored hummus out there which is darn good snack dip. If you want healthy snacks, raw veggies with that is always tasty - offsets the blandness of the vegetables.

Almonds are good, too. Wasabi peas are amazingly addictive and not that bad for you either.

Sabra makes a variety of flavored hummus out there which is darn good snack dip. If you want healthy snacks, raw veggies with that is always tasty - offsets the blandness of the vegetables.

Almonds are good, too. Wasabi peas are amazingly addictive and not that bad for you either.

Love Sabra. We get the single serving packages at Costco. I carry them on my trips. Sometimes I have wheat thins to dip in them and sometimes I just mix raisins in. That usually prompts a look from the other seat, but it's really good! Salty and sweet.

Love Sabra. We get the single serving packages at Costco. I carry them on my trips. Sometimes I have wheat thins to dip in them and sometimes I just mix raisins in. That usually prompts a look from the other seat, but it's really good! Salty and sweet.

Never thought about doing that with raisins. That's a good idea. I bet dates would be good, too. I like mopping hummus up with tortillas, too, but since I'm trying to cut out the bread these days, celery, carrots and fruit are excellent transports for hummus. Thanks for the idea.

I don't care much about the game, or the sport really, but I love the food. It's one of the mandatory cheat days from any diet you might be on during the year.

Wings hot or hot and honey with as much blue cheese as the wing can hold.
Taco dip heavy on refried beans, sour cream and avocado slices.
Hoagie dip(or whatever the rest of you want to call it, sub dip just doesnt sound as good) any meat and cheese you want with mayo. Dip with baguette

Try making your own hummus, is easier and you can tweak it like you like it.

</unintentional humor>
I used to believe that 'cause my wife makes a really good hummus. Then about 5 or 6 years ago we moved into the current neighborhood and this place is a short walk away - absolutely excellent hummus. And I've spent a fair amount of time in the Middle East over the years. Even my wife agrees and now all of our hummus comes from Sami's.

Hoisin Chicken Canapés

Stir together...
2/3 C finely chopped cooked chicken
2/3 C packaged shredded cabbage with carrots (cole slaw mix)
2Tbs hoisin sauce
A few dashes of hot sauce

Spoon into 12 Belgian endive leaves

34 calories each, 3G protein, 66mg sodium.

I used to believe that 'cause my wife makes a really good hummus. Then about 5 or 6 years ago we moved into the current neighborhood and this place is a short walk away - absolutely excellent hummus. And I've spent a fair amount of time in the Middle East over the years. Even my wife agrees and now all of our hummus comes from Sami's.
Ever tried the Black and White Gyro? Nom nom nom

Sesame Maple chicken wings

Makes about 40

1/3 c maple syrup ( real maple syrup)
1/4 c soy sauce
3tb sesame oil
1tb chili oil
1tb coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger
3garlic cloves
2tbs sesame seeds
4lbs chicken wings

Combine first six in blender and purée. Place chicken in large bowl and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hrs.

Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 375 F. Remove chicken from marinade. Reserve marinade. Arrange chicken on large jelly roll pan and bake 25 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake 15 minutes more. Brush chicken with 1/2 marinade and bake 7 minutes. Turn chicken over and brush with remaining marinade. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake till seeds and chicken are brown--about 7 minutes.

Sesame Maple chicken wings

Makes about 40

1/3 c maple syrup ( real maple syrup)
1/4 c soy sauce
3tb sesame oil
1tb chili oil
1tb coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger
3garlic cloves
2tbs sesame seeds
4lbs chicken wings

Combine first six in blender and purée. Place chicken in large bowl and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hrs.

Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 375 F. Remove chicken from marinade. Reserve marinade. Arrange chicken on large jelly roll pan and bake 25 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake 15 minutes more. Brush chicken with 1/2 marinade and bake 7 minutes. Turn chicken over and brush with remaining marinade. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake till seeds and chicken are brown--about 7 minutes.

Wow, that sounds phenomenal! I will be making this soon. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, that sounds phenomenal! I will be making this soon. Thanks for sharing.
They are and they made my son the hit of his hockey teams (beside the fact that he was the super goalie)!

But you really need to watch them so they don't burn.

Oreo coal:

Half stick of butter
5 cups of small marshmallows (6 come in a normal bag so just pour out 1 cup and use the rest)
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1 box of ground oreos

Melt butter and marshmallows, once melted pour in vanilla and fold in oreo mix (keep on low heat until ready to put into serving dish). Place in a pan and try for roughly .5in to 1 inch thick.

I also tried this with chips ahoy, and it came out well

Bacon wrapped jalapeño tater tots with cheese sauce:

th

Cheese Sauce

• 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 cups whole milk
  • 1 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
Wraps:

• vegetable oil
  • 1 pound sliced bacon, cut into 3-1/2" long pieces (you might have leftovers)
  • 24 frozen tater tots, thawed
  • 24 slices jalapeno, about three

Directions

• For the sauce, in a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the salt, pepper and flour, whisking over heat for one minute. Add the milk slowly while whisking constantly to remove any lumps. Continue to cook until bubbly, add cheese until melted. Serve warm.
  • For the wraps, heat oil over medium-high heat to 375 degrees F. Roll one piece of bacon around each tater tot and slice of jalapeno. Secure tightly with a toothpick.
  • Fry each tater tot, about four at a time, until bacon is crisp, about 2 minutes. Serve with warm cheese sauce for dipping
Recipe and credit here: http://noblepig.com/2012/12/bacon-jalapeno-wrapped-tater-tots-with-jack-cheese-dipping-sauce/

2 very easy dip crowd pleasers.

Fresh salsa dip: 2 cups fresh salsa ( the dryer baha Mexican fresh stuff, not the wet jar stuff) / 1 ripe avocado, cubed. Combine, enjoy.

Easy 3 layer dip: 1 package cream cheese, room temp. 1 jar store salsa. 1 package finely shredded Mexican blend cheese.
Layer cream cheese on bottom of glass oven pan (Pyrex, etc), later salsa over cream cheese, then shredded cheese on top, bake at 325 until melted. Scoop chips work best. You can avocado slices or jalapeños to taste.

Both super easy and sub 10 minute prep time.

Back