Suggestions at FSI, good job!

Eatsleepfly, too bad! lol j/k
They weren't anything special, but a nice gesture. They are the cheap looking ones with flighsafety imprinted on, but I was happy to get one and I got a FedEx one too.

FSI is doing info booths at colleges that have aviation backgrounds like UND, Purdue, and Utah state to name a couple off the top of my head. I think they are also trying to get formal training contracts from the above mentioned programs? I'm really not very involved with marketing so I can't be sure.

I would also agree that prop-turn times are a major pain. Very few of my students liked showing up at 0530 for an 0600 departure.

This is also counter productive in the noise-sensitive areas of Florida. Especially when instructors aren't allowed to take weekends off. Nothing makes an airport-hater angrier than waking up to the sound of a Cherokee droning overhead at 6 am on a Saturday morning.

I would recommend that IPs be allowed to take a rotating weekend off to keep weekend traffic to a minimum.

Further, I would recommend that IPs be given a reasonable monthly base salary. This would ensure that IPs are able to afford luxury items like food and rent in those months that student loads are low, or the students are all in Step II.

Finally, I would say PROMOTE JIM TARDI. IMHO Mr. Tardi is the finest manager on the FSA staff. He truly cares for both the students and IPs.

PS- For anyone interested, I recently heard that KP is flying for ExecJet.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I would say PROMOTE JIM TARDI. IMHO Mr. Tardi is the finest manager on the FSA staff. He truly cares for both the students and IPs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Mr. Tradi's great! I've never flown with him, but he's been able to help anytime I've ever needed it (except getting hired of course, but oh well), and I have no doubt he's a great instructor. Good man!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Snowman, I too was hoping to be there when you started. While waiting for my January interview with ASA I completed my CFII and MEI as a back up plan. Good thing because ASA decided to phase out 51 Brasilias (spell check please) which means they have to train those crews for the CRJ. This ultimately had a direct effect on our ASA program and it was put on hold again. They say next fall or the first of next year. I am next to interview so I will look you up when I come back to FSA for it. In the mean time, my wife and I were approved and recieved the financial backing to open 5-15 full service coffee bars with drive-thru's here in the Scottsdale area. It is a franchise out of Seattle very similar to a Starbucks. That is the main reason for coming back to Scottsdale so soon. It will work out great...my wife will run the company and I will fly airplanes. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be?

About that no drink in the classroom policy at FSA...All though we are all adults and I am sure everyone would be very careful, there is always that one idiot that would spill a coke and the carpet would be ruined. I never complained about that when I was there because I have been in classrooms that had nasty carpet. If I remember correctly water was OK in the classroom.

Doug, how about that spell check feature I am sure you have been meaning to add to jetcareers?
smile.gif
ILS

[/ QUOTE ] Which coffee chain?

Hey Dave, I think FSI took your advice about the weekends. Now all IP's have Sat/Sun as days off. FSI is closed on Sunday and the day ends on Saturday at 1500.
cool.gif

I got a chance to talk with one of the instructors (a stage check pilot also) that are representing FSA here at Safecon 2003 that is currently taking place at UND. Just wanted to say he was very professional and spoke very highly of FSA. He was once a UND student so he could compare the two schools in a good manner. It was a great talk and it made my opinion of FSA even better.

J.F. and J.L. went up there- nice free multi time on the company I would have to say. Doesnt UND have its own flight training setup though?

I was going to put their initials, but decided not to. Now that you did, I think it will be ok. I talked to J.F. for a half hour, good guy to talk to. He is from SD and he said "it's nice to escape the heat for a few days." I was like, we just want any heat at all up here.

We do have a flight program here but a lot of people quit here but still want to fly professionally so maybe they are trying to get those folk. I am sure if they get one person to sign up and attend FSA the trip will be worth it for the company. The fee multi time would be great too, wish I could do a trip like that here.

Back