Suggestions anyone??

ctab5060X

If you have read this thread, then most know I might be facing a very big move sometime soon. I will know more this coming Tuesday about all this, but I want to catch the weekend crowd at JC for this question...

I am planning on taking my airplane out to Idaho with me and need some advice from those with experience out there in small airplanes.

What would be a good route to take through the mountains to get to SE Idaho. I would be flying from Memphis in my 115 hp Champion Citabira.

I would also like to know if there are any JC members along the route that might be up for a fly-through meet and greet...

If you have read this thread, then most know I might be facing a very big move sometime soon. I will know more this coming Tuesday about all this, but I want to catch the weekend crowd at JC for this question...

I am planning on taking my airplane out to Idaho with me and need some advice from those with experience out there in small airplanes.

What would be a good route to take through the mountains to get to SE Idaho. I would be flying from Memphis in my 115 hp Champion Citabira.

I would also like to know if there are any JC members along the route that might be up for a fly-through meet and greet...

KC - Go to Gardner Municipal - great little airport and some neat antiques there. Close to the house for me too (relatively). Or, you can go to Liberty and we can meet with with Mike from CPS too. Either way, stop in KC.

Yeah, KC was a planned stop already.

You, Mike, KiloAlpha... sounds like a good chance for a small meet and greet to me.
I was also gonna try and stop by the offices at Central Air too.

I'm gonna catch hell for this, but oh well.

You own an airplane? Your wife works two jobs, and you were considering a second job for yourself, and you own an airplane? You are considering a career move that involves substantial increase in risk to life, based in large part on the financial aspects of it, and you own an airplane?

I suggest that ridding yourself of the airplane might go a long way to relieving some of your financial burdens.

You own an airplane? Your wife works two jobs, and you were considering a second job for yourself, and you own an airplane? You are considering a career move that involves substantial increase in risk to life, based in large part on the financial aspects of it, and you own an airplane?

I suggest that ridding yourself of the airplane might go a long way to relieving some of your financial burdens.

And then what should he sell next year? An older model Citabria powered with 115hp is not exactly the key to financial security. So - it would supplement his income this year...but what shall he do next? He will still be a junior FO at a regional (assuming he doesn't get furloughed) next year as opposed to spraying DDT on potato's making Regional CA pay.

If ctab decides to take this opportunity, that airplane will be a very valuable asset to the business. Worth far more than the plane would bring in todays market.

Waco, If you notice, around most ag business's, they usually will have some sort of small GA plane. It is used for running parts, picking pilots up after leaving planes at the shop, checking fields for water, training new pilots, etc. The list goes long. Although, not totally necessary, it is a very handy asset to have sitting there.

Don't sell!!!! You'll wish you hadn't.

Yes, my Mother and I inherited my Dad's airplane. An airplane that has been in the family for over 30 years. It is paid for, no expenses from my part, and because of the financial burden of being a first year FO, I hardly fly it.

It is another reason I am considering the move... not only will I have the financial opportunity to fly it more, but as t-cart said it would be a huge and valuable asset to the business.

Depends when you are going to be in KC. If you are going to be there Monday I'll be able to see ya, otherwise no dice. Let me know!

Back