Sub-$30k taildragger/floatplane?

Hard to beat an F-19, I lucked into mine by putting up a want ad and the guy accepted my lowball offer. Typically easier to find Tcrates upgraded with a C-85. They make much better float planes than a 140 :p.
View attachment 42789

Too cool man, I'm envious.

One day, (my 2020 deadline I set a couple years back is looking totally unrealistic at this point :() my wife and I are going to fly from MD to AK and back in something like that, hopefully without touching pavement. Probably once all the kids have flown the coop. @Fencer and his travels have inspired me.

One day, (my 2020 deadline I set a couple years back is looking totally unrealistic at this point :() my wife and I are going to fly from MD to AK and back in something like that, hopefully without touching pavement. Probably once all the kids have flown the coop. @Fencer and his travels have inspired me.
You'll have to put some incredible ferry tanks in. I'm not aware of fuel at enough non-paved airports in Northern BC and the Yukon to make it.

You know Oratex has STCs now. Probably drop 15lbs.
If I get a Pacer I’ll probably end up selling the F-19.

Dewwwwit! 180s are great planes for their cost bracket. Too rich for my blood for now, even if I could I’d be getting a PA-18.

Last edited:
My 180 is sexy, no doubt about it. It's been everything you'd expect out of a supermodel girlfriend.

But she needs the proper loving, she didn't get the last several years. She sat... a lot.

My 180 is sexy, no doubt about it. It's been everything you'd expect out of a supermodel girlfriend.

But she needs the proper loving, she didn't get the last several years. She sat... a lot.
I'd love to have a 180 but it's just too expensive to operate to be proficient enough to use it right. Just sold my producer because of last year's fuel bill.

Someone got a good deal.
Ya... uh don't invest in airplanes. I got 90% of my money out of it after the upgrades I did, which is beyond fantastic when it comes to selling airplanes.
Now to sink some of it into the other one, which I'll never get back if I decided to sell.

Ya... uh don't invest in airplanes. I got 90% of my money out of it after the upgrades I did, which is beyond fantastic when it comes to selling airplanes.
Now to sink some of it into the other one, which I'll never get back if I decided to sell.
Not sure. I made 10k on my aircraft and I only put about 2k into it. Good luck with the aircraft search.

(stop thread drifting)

Back