Student Equipment.

" I'm sure my family thought I was nuts watching TV while wearing a headset"

Hey Dan,

As long as you take em off before you hit the showers, you'll be classified ab-normal /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif heck, my entire family deemed me, certifiably insane for wanting to be a pilot in the first place. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif I'm sure that an aspiring pilot, running a sound test of a lawnmower, put you over the top. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I should be receiving my 20XL headset some time this week, so I will join you at the asylum. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Trouble is, I might get picked up for vagrancy in the process. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Man, here we go again, /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif it's thread degredation time.

Just called the on-line co and they fedexed it over-night, and my headset will here tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Best Regards,
Heat2151

The "9G" kneeboard is simple, low-profile, and perfect for me....

Got it at Wings of Pensacola via the internet.

I still use my Navy-issued deal at night because of the integrated light. It's too bulky for everyday use, though.
For my nav log, I use a simple clipboard, kneeboard for clearances, ATIS, etc. etc.

Chunk

For kneeboards I like to use just a basic one...I don't remember the name but I probably pais around $15 for it. Again I seem to like to keep things simple, I always laugh at the sight of those giant knee board/ lap desk creations. You know, the ones that fold out all over the place and in my opinion create a bigger mess...Rod Machado seems to like just a plain clipboard where he attaches items with clips.

Baronman,

What about the portable intercoms, are these even necessary, if so any advise on any type.?

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Portable intercoms???? Ummm.....Nope...All the Cherokees have an intercom and if you're in the back seat (as a ride along "Gemini") then you'll be able to listen but not plug in your microphone. In the Seminoles you'll have 4 way intercom...
B-man

Back