Stolen ATP Cessna 172 Crash

Reverse the order putting family first. . .The mother on trial in Michigan might be one of many examples of mental health issues not being effectively addressed close to home.

Yes. That was a broken family structure. Weren’t the parents divorced/separated?

That mother belongs in prison.

Yes. That was a broken family structure. Weren’t the parents divorced/separated?

That mother belongs in prison.

Yeah, if you have violent, depressed, or mentally ill folks at home you should mitigate some risk by getting guns out of the house.

Heck, I cleared out my guns when I had a girlfriend and daughter that didn’t grow up with guns

That said, we’d have to lock up most of the kids and parents if the standard was merely threats of violence.

My biggest thought when flying over WV is “man, I wouldn’t want to lose an engine here when I only have one engine to begin with.”

That said, the Greenbriar should be on everyone’s bucket list, in an Event Horizon kind if way.

I learned to fly out of a little airport just north of Clarksburg. My instructor (a retired USAir captain) told me early on, that if I lose an engine at night, just trim for best glide, and then turn on the landing light. If you like what you see, leave it on. If you don't turn it off.

I dated a girl during college who was from Lewisburg, just down the road from the resort. We went there for a fancy dinner once.

Slightly unrelated but since @Cherokee_Cruiser mentioned it... during college I had bought her a Nintendo GameCube and a bunch of games. Three years after we graduated, I was sitting reserve up in Dayton, OH and my housemate and I were bored out of our minds not getting used. I called her up and asked if she still had the GameCube and if she wasn't using, could I borrow it for a while. She said if I wanted to come get it, I could just take the thing, so I flew DAY-CLT-LWB, met her outside security and picked up the GameCube, walked back in side, got back on the 1900, and flew LWB-CLT-DAY. The Air Midwest crew thought it was hilarious.

It certainly is a slippery slope. He was a juvenile when he shot those people, I'd assume that makes his parents responsible for his actions but he was tried as an adult (I think he's already been sentenced to life) so was he an adult or a juvenile? I understand these were some screwed up people and she bought him the gun and every red flag was waving directly in front of her face and she ignored them and took him to the range to play with his new toy and then ignored him when he was grumpy. I'm uncertain if this kid was on psych meds but it wouldn't surprise me. The father is going to be tried separately soon. From what I've read it sounds like another case of supposed affluence, neglect and some sort of untreated/poorly treated mental issue. I think the parents do bear some responsibility in this case. But are we going to go after Richard Ramirez's parents at this point?

Yeah, if you have violent, depressed, or mentally ill folks at home you should mitigate some risk by getting guns out of the house.

Heck, I cleared out my guns when I had a girlfriend and daughter that didn’t grow up with guns

That said, we’d have to lock up most of the kids and parents if the standard was merely threats of violence.
A few years ago, one of the worst calls I ever handled (among many bad ones) was for an EDP who had barricaded himself in a bathroom. All we could do at 911 was send a cop and have EMS standby, until the scene was declared to be safe by PD on scene.

The poor guy, off his meds apparently, came out of the locked bathroom when the Troopers arrived shooting a rifle. The Troopers had better aim and the son, an adult, died in front of his parents and in his home in front of his mother who just wanted help for him in the moment.

The situation sucked donkey balls for everyone, from the son who died, to the parents who watched it transpire, to the Trooper who defended himself. Still doing this crap at that time, I spoke a couple of times with all of them, except the dead guy, of course. Got to do his funeral, too. Believe it or not, it sucked for me, too.

The Trooper wanted to go home to his family. The parents who called for help certainly didn't anticipate the outcome. I didn't want to be involved from initial call to the funeral.

We do what we have to and hopefully what is right in the moment, as best we can🤷‍♂️

Except nah. Everywhere has its charms. I mean I'm hard-pressed to think of any for New Jersey, but I'm sure they exist.
I am one that enjoys most cities I've traveled to. I make an effort to try and learn so I can find these hidden "charms". And it has served me extraordinarily well. Except in Georgia and Phoenix. I don't hate Phoenix, but after hearing lots of people rave about it...perhaps I had my sights set too high? I did not hang out much, mostly in Scottsdale, mostly surrounded by Snowbirds, and encountered no locals - just people that travel there frequently. Did my biz and left. I always put a not on Phoenix as I know I didn't get the full experience.

The Roth IRA is just a subset of the same manipulation of the banking oversight of "our" government. And, as long as the bank's industrial media can continue to control what most people consider "news", and continue to defund not just public education but the very idea of the PUBLIC, the public will continue to think they are getting a great deal and personal choice!...

So, 'ell yeah. Go buy some ROTH IRA. I say BUY, because that is precisely what you do when you "invest" in one.

It sounds like you're skeptical about the financial system and how it's portrayed in the media. Do you think there are better alternatives to Roth IRAs?

Back