Stolen ATP Cessna 172 Crash

Spoken by a guy who feels offended if he sees a rainbow flag.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You want to think I'm offended, the truth is I'm not that interested in most peoples lives and that seems to be an equal and opposite reaction. If you try to force me into something then I'm obliged to get interested and have an opinion. It seems like an odd strategy to me. Just go live your life and if you're a good person your neighbors will organically accept you. If you try to force your beliefs on them there will be a percentage that resent you because of it. I'm a 52 year old man, I honestly don't care about anyones sexuality at this point. A rainbow flag is not offensive unless it's raised above the American flag. Try flying the rainbow in a Muslim country and report back. The left has so many diverse principles that they're starting to fight within. And I don't care.

Democrats will always claim victimhood, that's why many people find them distasteful.

I think it’s fair to say that folks across the political and economic spectrum claim to be victims. It’s all a matter of perspective. It takes a certain lack of empathy not to see this.

Raise my taxes, infringe on my property rights, or limit my speech and I’m claiming victimhood as much as any Democrat.

Sometimes, listening to the grievances of others moderates the distaste that has engulfed much of our social intercourse.

Well duh.

But like they say, location, location, location.

Where I live in South Bay? I don’t feel rich.

This salary in Michigan or Pennsylvania where our families are? I’d be King. :)

Have you taken a peek at real estate in Michigan, recently? Anywhere you'd want to live in the country is expensive.

I'm not a believer in living in some podunk hillbilly town because it's cheap. It better be beautiful, have great amenities, parks and the weather better be mild or all the money I'd save by living in (I'm sure I'm going to offend someone) Arkansas I'd eat up with a vacation home, winter vacations to see the sun and a whole lot of toys in order not to go nuts living in flyover country.

Have you taken a peek at real estate in Michigan, recently? Anywhere you'd want to live in the country is expensive.

I'm not a believer in living in some podunk hillbilly town because it's cheap. It better be beautiful, have great amenities, parks and the weather better be mild or all the money I'd save by living in (I'm sure I'm going to offend someone) Arkansas I'd eat up with a vacation home, winter vacations to see the sun and a whole lot of toys in order not to go nuts living in flyover country.
Arkansas is actually freaking awesome, but don’t tell anyone

I had to use somewhere! Ha!

”You won’t have a bucket to piss in!”

”Well, have you tried free-peeing behind a tree in a forest? It’s liberating!” :)

Except nah. Everywhere has its charms. I mean I'm hard-pressed to think of any for New Jersey, but I'm sure they exist.

Should I have said “Gary, Indiana” or do we have those that would have been triggered with that? :)

Except nah. Everywhere has its charms. I mean I'm hard-pressed to think of any for New Jersey, but I'm sure they exist.
Got some lovely horse country there. You wouldn’t think so but more of New Jersey looks like that than Newark, yeah?

Most underrated state in the nation *IMHO* is West Virginia.

My biggest thought when flying over WV is “man, I wouldn’t want to lose an engine here when I only have one engine to begin with.”

That said, the Greenbriar should be on everyone’s bucket list, in an Event Horizon kind if way.

My biggest thought when flying over WV is “man, I wouldn’t want to lose an engine here when I only have one engine to begin with.”

That said, the Greenbriar should be on everyone’s bucket list, in an Event Horizon kind if way.

I visited the Greenbriar Resort twice as a kid, back before the medical ethics changed to not allow big pharma taking doctor's spouses and kids to free resort/food/fun. I did the bunker tour (awesome to see). They said it was the fallout shelter in case DC ever took a direct hit. That this particular bunker wouldn't survive a direct hit, but if DC was hit, this one would be a great place for a fallout shelter. There was some off road course (in Land Rovers, I think?), golfing, fishing, hiking, trails, you name it, they had it.

Truly a blast! This was back when US Airways Express flew B1900Ds into Greenbriar Valley Airport.

Late 90s, good times!

Back