Still More Pictures From The Ramp...

Gulfstream C-20B (military variant of the Gulfstream III) from the 99th Airlift Squadron. Any ideas as to why the right main gear door would be left open?

I'm not specifically familiar with the G3, but I know in my aircraft, the nosewheel bay doors, inboard main gear doors, flaps as well as the speedbrakes will all pop open once hydraulic pressure bleeds off to a certain amount after shutdown (and being on the ramp for several hours). Could be something along those lines....

OBTW, awesome pics all around. Loved the C-130, C-2 and P-3 shots.....Hornet ones are pretty cool too :)

I submitted a photo once and it got rejected. It wasn't one of my best, but I figured I'd have better luck with JetPhotos. Airliners also changed their Terms of Use which created a bit of a controversy, so I figured I'd stay away altogether.
I tried a few times, but got a couple rejected. It seems like a frat to me. I could submit pictures that were better than some photographer's worst, but I'd still get rejected. They said it was quality. I say it was because I wasn't already in the frat. Then again, I'm sure if I was in it, I'd get the same benefit of the doubt, but it's still kinda shady. The nepotism on the site bothers me.

On the C-130 pic, is that HDR?
I'm guessing by HDR you mean high dynamic range? I'm not quite sure what that is (if it's a photography technique, camera setting, or post processing trick... I think the photo software I use, Ulead PhotoImpact, has something like that). Anyway, all my night shots are just 5-15 second exposures (15 in this case) shot in shutter priority mode, usually at ISO 100. I set up my tripod, take a few test shots, tweak the settings, and hope for the best! I was surprised it came out the way it did, considering I thought the area of the ramp it was parked on is poorly lit.

Back