Still going

scottyboy75

I saw this in the lastest edition of Rotor & Wing. Nothing Outlast this airframe. Are they about 50 years old or something close?

Boeing Delivers First New-Build Chinook to U.S. Army

Boeing in mid-June delivered the first of 452 new-production CH-47F Chinooks to the U.S. Army. The aircraft features a newly designed, modernized airframe and a Rockwell Collins Common Avionics Architecture System advanced digital cockpit. The new airframe uses modern manufacturing techniques that replace multiple-piece, sheet-metal structures with single-piece machined components. The new components are intended to reduce operating and support costs, improve the aircraft's structural integrity and extend the Chinook's service life.

The advanced avionics are designed to provide improved situational awareness for flight crews with an advanced digital-map display and a data-transfer system that allow storing of pre-flight and mission data. The aircraft's BAE Digital Advanced Flight Control System replaces a legacy analog system. Its improved survivability features include Common Missile Warning and Improved Countermeasure Dispenser Systems. "This aircraft, delivered on cost and on schedule, marks the beginning of a long production run that is a keystone in Army Aviation's transformation," said Col. Tim Crosby, U.S. Army Cargo Helicopter program manager.