Stick and Rudder..

There's a longer video somewhere with interviews with these guys. They definitely know their airplanes well. There was a clip in the longer video where he didn't have enough room to turn around because of a pile of logs, so he picked up the tail and did a 180 over the logs. Good stuff!

There is nothing stupid about this.
Whomever that dude is, he has a skill set. And is quite intelligent, knowing the limits of himself and the airplane.

Just because someone does something in an airplane that you wouldn't do, doesn't make them stupid.

When people say 'watch this' in an airplane it means they are doing something stupid.

No big guy he is pointing out how absurd your comparison is.

@Seggy, don't impose your limits on me, and I won't hold you to mine.

You of all people don't know what Alaskan pilots are capable of, nor do you hold a position in which to judge what is a daily way of live.

When people say 'watch this' in an airplane it means they are doing something stupid.
If it's a competent pilot that knows that he/she is doing and doesn't pose any danger to anyone else... I don't see an issue. Is this always the circumstance? Hell no. But remember, some people like to use airplanes for things other than just work, they can in fact be quite fun. :)

You of all people don't know what Alaskan pilots are capable of, nor do you hold a position in which to judge what is a daily way of live.

Probably be a shocker to him to know that there are actual FAA approved 135 operations that do nothing but that kind of flying.

:rolleyes:

I do know that the safety record up in Alaska is abysmal compared to the rest of the industry.

According to the Flight Safety Foundation "Over the five years of 2004 to 2008, the latest for which complete data is available, the general aviation accident rate for Alaska was 13.59 mishaps per every 100,000 flying hours. That is more than two times worse than the comparable figure for the United States as whole: 5.85 accidents per 100,000 flying hours."

So how does that fit into your argument?

Back