States not accounted for : FEBOT emails

mikelso

OK. I have comprised a list of all the states and made a very crude list of which states are not accounted for in regards to the terminal position emails sent out 6/20/08. If you have any changes to the list please post and I will be happy to revise my list.

LIST OF STATES NOT ACCOUNTED FOR:

Alabama
Arkansas
Connecticut
Colorado
Delaware
Hawaii
Idaho
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Vermont
Wisconsin
Wyoming

This list is not 100% accurate due to many people being vauge reguarding their emails. I will do a quick search again to see if I can find the post reguarding my mark for CO.

I have NOT seen any Colorado TERMINAL offers...only ARTCC notices

Nice work by the way!

After a quick review I have found where I messed up. It was either Philip's post #185 (page 8) in "**Big News For February Applicants**" thread, or Ryballz post #28 (page 2) on the "Friday Emails" thread that messed me up. They are both listed in the ARTCC facility (I guess I'm slightly retarted and can't read... must be my frustration sinking in). Good catch and Colorado has been added to the list.

After a quick review I have found where I messed up. It was either Philip's post #185 (page 8) in "**Big News For February Applicants**" thread, or Ryballz post #28 (page 2) on the "Friday Emails" thread that messed me up. They are both listed in the ARTCC facility (I guess I'm slightly retarted and can't read... must be my frustration sinking in). Good catch and Colorado has been added to the list.

Nice work! BTW...Does MIKELSO stand for Mike, Landing Signal Officer (Navy)

OK. I know you all are getting tired of me over analyzing this data. I just can't help myself. It appears that the different regions are working independently. I doubt this is a state by state issue, but I could be wrong. If you break down the US into the regions there is an even displacement of states that have been accounted for compared to the regions that have not been.
I will break the regions down and highlight in red the ones not accounted for.

New England Region
CT, ME, MA, NH, VT, RI

Eastern Region
DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV, Washington DC

Southern Region
AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, TN, SC, MS, *Puerto Rico and *Virgin Islands

Great Lakes Region
IL, IN, MI, MN, ND, SD, OH, WI

Central Region
IA, KS, NE, MO (only region fully represented with more than one state)

Southwest Region
NM, TX, OK, AR, LA

Northwest Mountain Region
WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, CO, UT

Western Pacific Region
CA, AZ, NV, HI, *American Samoa, Guam, *Marshall Islands, *Wake Island

Alaskan Region
AK

* = not on the list at the top of the thread.

Mike,
No problem at all and I am not tired of your work, as a matter of fact keep it up. You are giving us all lots of hope and inspiration. Based on what you have posted are you saying that we will probably recieve emails soon because these states have not reendered notifications.

OK. I know you all are getting tired of me over analyzing this data. I just can't help myself. It appears that the different regions are working independently. I doubt this is a state by state issue, but I could be wrong. If you break down the US into the regions there is an even displacement of states that have been accounted for compared to the regions that have not been.
I will break the regions down and highlight in red the ones not accounted for.

New England Region
CT, ME, MA, NH, VT, RI

Eastern Region
DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV, Washington DC

Southern Region
AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, TN, SC, MS, *Puerto Rico and *Virgin Islands

Great Lakes Region
IL, IN, MI, MN, ND, SD, OH, WI

Central Region
IA, KS, NE, MO (only region fully represented with more than one state)

Southwest Region
NM, TX, OK, AR, LA

Northwest Mountain Region
WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, CO, UT

Western Pacific Region
CA, AZ, NV, HI, *American Samoa, Guam, *Marshall Islands, *Wake Island

Alaskan Region
AK

* = not on the list at the top of the thread.

Having spent three weeks on Wake Island in the late 80's I would LOVE for them to put out a bid for there. Google it...the place is paradise.

I hope you're right, but just a quick observation-- the states you have in red are generally the smaller, less populated states who probably sent out far fewer offers. This message board is a pretty skimpy sample to really make any conclusions on. Naturally the most likely offers that would be seen in such a small sample would be, statistically speaking, the larger areas like NY, CA, GA, IL, FL, etc.... which is exactly what we've seen.

Not sure if I explained that very well. . . I certainly hope we still have more to come. Also-- I think i was the only one who mentioned Alaska, and that was for en route, so you could probably add that to your list.

Thank you Mike for all your hard work your list gives me some hope about the 2 states I picked MT & ND.

propcircles,

You may be right in some reguard, but some of the states like South Carolina, Colorado, and Michigan are much larger states and I would imagine that someone would have something.

There were just too many people who scored exceptionally well on the ATSAT to not be picked up. And after further review, in most cases their 1st choice was a state that ha not yet been accounted for. However, please don't misunderstand me. I DON'T KNOW ANY MORE THAN YOU DO. I'm trying to see if there is a pattern here. Unfortunatly not every single OTS is a member on jetcareers and we can't run an accurate poll. I'm just trying to make since of the madness.

Oklahoma is accounted for - I know two people personally who were picked up for OK.

Thanks Sooner for the heads up. Because I have already edited the list it won't allow me to edit it again. So if there is a mod watching can you take Oklahoma off the list, and turn it black on the regions list?

propcircles,

You may be right in some reguard, but some of the states like South Carolina, Colorado, and Michigan are much larger states and I would imagine that someone would have something.

There were just too many people who scored exceptionally well on the ATSAT to not be picked up. And after further review, in most cases their 1st choice was a state that ha not yet been accounted for. Ahh... I hadn't thought of that. If that's something that you've noticed then maybe you've got something. However, please don't misunderstand me. I DON'T KNOW ANY MORE THAN YOU DO. I'm trying to see if there is a pattern here. You must have scored well on the "analogies" portion :)Unfortunatly not every single OTS is a member on jetcareers and we can't run an accurate poll. I'm just trying to make since of the madness. Yup, and I truly appreciate the effort. I hope we have "more to come" as well

This might shed a little light on the subject..... I know that I got selected for BOI, but did not get an E-mail... So of course I got curious and I talked to one of the Supervisors in BOI (Idaho). Me and one other Girl, not sure of her name or if she is on these forums, got selected, however we are not going to be given our PEPC invites until later, around September. :banghead::panic: This is due to something about all their slots are already filled for this fiscal year, and training delays/funding problems......

So here is my read into it, and let me remind you that this is purely speculation..... So if the notifications are all done being sent out, then some of the states that have not sent out e-mails may just be waiting for next fiscal year, i.e. the next PUBNAT. Otherwise there may be more e-mails coming out next week.

For obvious reasons PEPC and OKC aren't going to be able to take on a full wave of every OTS hire at once. I know they have been preparing for it, but they are going to have to work us in groups. How large the groups are is entirely up to them. It would not surprise me to not recieve an email for a month or two; giving the people who are answering phone calls, doing backround checks, and hosting interviews a while to collect themselves and focus on the current hires and not be extremely overwhelmed. Time shall only tell.

This might shed a little light on the subject..... I know that I got selected for BOI, but did not get an E-mail... So of course I got curious and I talked to one of the Supervisors in BOI (Idaho). Me and one other Girl, not sure of her name or if she is on these forums, got selected, however we are not going to be given our PEPC invites until later, around September. :banghead::panic: This is due to something about all their slots are already filled for this fiscal year, and training delays/funding problems......

So here is my read into it, and let me remind you that this is purely speculation..... So if the notifications are all done being sent out, then some of the states that have not sent out e-mails may just be waiting for next fiscal year, i.e. the next PUBNAT. Otherwise there may be more e-mails coming out next week.

Do you think this means that BOI will *not* be selecting any more applicants from the other PUBNAT's (2,3,4...)? at least for the foreseeable future? It would help my decision process if I knew for sure that BOI will not be in the cards for me. . .

Back