States not accounted for : FEBOT emails

Do you think this means that BOI will *not* be selecting any more applicants from the other PUBNAT's (2,3,4...)? at least for the foreseeable future? It would help my decision process if I knew for sure that BOI will not be in the cards for me. . .

I know that BOI has several open vacancies and there are several controllers getting ready to retire, so I would imagine that they have more slots to fill coming up. However, I am not sure when they will be filling them. I do know that they recieved a lot of new guys last year, and are getting close to having more developmentals than certified controllers so they are being really cautious with filling too many slots too fast.... I guess they are learning form other facilities mistakes (i.e. Miami) that can't train the developmentals that they do have becuase they do not have enough certified controllers to handle traffic let alone train new guys....... Take from that what you can, I really wouldn't want to say hold out for a spot in BOI, and then see them not hire anyone else until FY 2010. But on the other hand, I know they have positions open and they need to fill them......at sometime or another.......

Just talked to OKC and was told that we may or may not be on the email list but would not for sure by around Thursday. I listed Maryland and Delaware as my perferences and was told the person who sends out emails for the Eastern district was not working today.

Just talked to OKC and was told that we may or may not be on the email list but would not for sure by around Thursday. I listed Maryland and Delaware as my perferences and was told the person who sends out emails for the Eastern district was not working today.

what phone number are you using to get a real person? thx

Congrats on the Virgin Islands.

The biggest question in life for all of us who have not recieved an email yet is:

Will our names carry on to the next pool of applicants, or do we need to reapply to each announcement?

We know because of all the other announcements, more jobs will be avalible. We just need to make sure were on the list to be picked from.

Congrats on the Virgin Islands.

The biggest question in life for all of us who have not recieved an email yet is:

Will our names carry on to the next pool of applicants, or do we need to reapply to each announcement?

We know because of all the other announcements, more jobs will be avalible. We just need to make sure were on the list to be picked from.
I believe you have to reapply to each announcement to be considered for each selection panel.

I believe you have to reapply to each announcement to be considered for each selection panel.

That's the general consensus that is being talked about in other threads. You MUST reapply for each posting to be considered on that particular panel. Good Luck!

Back