Stagnation

Yeah, if you got remembursed for CFII or MEI, they want that back and you have to pay back the price for standarization as well.

I think all told it's somewhere around $10,000 for the entire package.

Right now they will let you off completly after 600 hours and under that they will pro-rate for how many duel hours you have completed. How long this policy will last is anyones guess.

Others benifits they throw in for free are turbine transition course (SAAB sim) and ATP ground school.
wink.gif

I heard a rumor that CFI's were being let go if they had three failures without having weak students go through eval flights...

No offical policy but lets just say that if your a student I would expect a lot more eval flights......................

There is no truth to the 3 failures rule. The FAA is changing how they review the 141 pass rate. In the past they looked at the overall pass rate for all programs. Now they are looking at each program individually. Each must maintain a 80% pass rate to keep 141 self examining authority. Some programs are touger than others. The initial private, instrument, and CFI ratings usually have the highest fail rate. Management wants to make sure that the pass rates stay high, so instructors are encouraged to have students evaluated prior to check rides by checkairman. If they do well, there is a good assurance they will pass the checkride. If they are not 100%, then more training is waranted. It is not mandatory to do this, it is just 'encouraged'. There is nothing negative about this, I think it is a reasonable thing to do.

Back