SR 20 vs DA40 vs C172

What year is the bird you are flying? Mine is a 04 G1 model.

Most of the ones we're flying are '05-'06 SR20GTS G2s we do have 2 G1s but I've only flown them a couple times. We're supposed to be getting the fleet replaced with G3s shortly. The flight school runs a lease program where we're supposed to replace the entire fleet of 28 aircraft every 2 years. Hopefully we'll be taking delivery pretty soon.

When did it get increased? Diamond told me it was 1000 TBO like the lower powered ones on the DA42. I know it is just a matter of watching the first engines as they reach the time, and I expected them to be increased.

I think you are thinking about the TAE Centurion 2.0 the DA42 uses. They are still 1000 TBO right now, but the DA50 uses the Teledyne Continental TSIOF-550J. Different engine, so it is fine with that. Also the DA50 hasn't rolled off the production line just yet. Soon I hope as I can't wait because my school will probably get one.:nana2:

It will probably be a fractional if we do get one, chances are that we will get training in it so we can train others that buy the DA50.

Back