Spirit WARN notice news…

ClearedForOption

Psychiatric Help 5¢
Of course executive compensation is going up at the same time WARN notices are going out.

To all my (our) brothers, sisters, and siblings at Yellow: I’ve personally been through this before. It can be mentally crushing at times. The highs and lows of getting furloughed, facing a potential furlough, schedule reduction, downgrade, lineholder to RSV, and everything else that goes with these downturning industry cycles can seem like a hole that you’ll never be able to climb out of.

No matter what you are facing, if there is anything I (or we) can do to help, just ask.

There are also all sorts of resources out there through the union that can help. From peer to peer assistance all the way to job fair assistance… preferential hiring pathways, etc etc. Take advantage of those resources as they become available.

IMG_5373.jpeg

Been WARN'D before. Its crappy.

Hope anyone who receives these makes provisions for another job for a bit. Last time I got one, I lined up a job with an old charter outfit, luckily I did not have to use it.

Been WARN'D before. Its crappy.
There are three letters in my career that I printed and framed. Two of them are from my current employer, and the third is my WARN notice from Spirit in 2020, which was hand-delivered the same day I finished my master's degree. I figure someone will see them and have to sort it all out.

There are three letters in my career that I printed and framed. Two of them are from my current employer, and the third is my WARN notice from Spirit in 2020, which was hand-delivered the same day I finished my master's degree. I figure someone will see them and have to sort it all out.
I didn’t even get the pleasure of a physical letter since I lived in Texas. All I had was a “sorry, bro” email.

In the last 5 years, Spirit has sent WARN letters like 3 or 4 times. That seems particularly unique even for airlines and all their BS. Spirit is making some very confusing and contradictory moves. They send WARN letters out and then open a new domicile. They send another round of WARN letters out while literally increasing C-suite compensation.

I am very sorry to anyone and everyone affected by this.

In the last 5 years, Spirit has sent WARN letters like 3 or 4 times.
Granted I stopped paying attention in 2023, but I can think of exactly one time since 2018 when they put those letters out, other than this one.

That seems particularly unique even for airlines and all their BS. Spirit is making some very confusing and contradictory moves.
When Miramar are distracted by two acquisition bids nobody runs the place. As a bonus, jetBlue more or less made them turn off some of the really profitable flying because, well, that was the direct competition with Blue. Shocking, I know.

They send another round of WARN letters out while literally increasing C-suite compensation.
End-stage capitalism.

In the last 5 years, Spirit has sent WARN letters like 3 or 4 times. That seems particularly unique even for airlines and all their BS. Spirit is making some very confusing and contradictory moves. They send WARN letters out and then open a new domicile. They send another round of WARN letters out while literally increasing C-suite compensation.

I am very sorry to anyone and everyone affected by this.
Well they also are parking jets and not making money while facing a billion dollar debt maturing in a year that they don’t have liquidity to pay for, then another one the following year.

Pretty easy to see the huge glaring problems at Spirit right now. Hell even Wall Street doesn’t believe they get out of this without Chp11. Wish their pilots luck. DOJ really shafted this company.

Well they also are parking jets and not making money while facing a billion dollar debt maturing in a year that they don’t have liquidity to pay for, then another one the following year.

Pretty easy to see the huge glaring problems at Spirit right now. Hell even Wall Street doesn’t believe they get out of this without Chp11. Wish their pilots luck. DOJ really shafted this company.
I’d argue management shafted the company, but that’s neither here nor there.

Parking jets, WARN letters, but raises for the people responsible for tanking the company. Yep I am blaming the executive team and BOD on this one.

Back