Spirit shows up to Trump’s Latrobe rally.

Latrobe's a great airport and town. As much as I don't care for their product I give Spirit props for for flying in and out of there. Mr Rogers and obviously Arnold Palmer were both from there, but keep ripping on the place.

I also saw AF1 at a very busy Las Vegas maybe two years ago on a layover and both of my flights were on time as far as I remember.

Cool. I once saw a whole plane filled with anarchist thugs all wearing black, they were going somewhere to do some really bad stuff. Maybe I'll tell you about it one day. Maybe.

Well- I'm surprised it wasn't LJ Aviation throwing the rally and Ed flying his planes in and out for advertisement!

I always thought flights couldn't operate as the POTUS was on the field. Earlier this year we held as he was expected at PBI any moment...They were able to get us in after a spin as he hadn't arrived yet but once we landed we cleared the Runway and were told no more movements on the airport were allowed. So we stopped, watched the motorcade arrive, AF1 taxi and then depart. We then were allowed to proceed.

SO....my impression is that airport ops usually cease once the POTUS is present.

him being physically present is the difference. We don’t care about the plane if he’s not on board.

the few times POTUS has been to EWR we go into a hold until he’s left the airport. Maybe since this was a rally though they let them do normal scheduled ops since he’d be there a while.

I think that’s absolutely ridiculous. We have military bases all over the place and the office has a helicopter. Land at one of those instead.

And I’ve said this even when Obama was in office. No need to fornicate up everyone’s day who happens to be traveling through that airport.

Pretty sure that was also a Spirit and they’re one of the few 2019 rwy 17 arrivals at MSP.
It was 35, probably the only reason they let then land cause AF1 was taxiing away almost at parking when he touched down. They had to stop and sit after they landed too.

When I was Detroit-based, I swiftly figured out that if on my last day of the trip, if it involved a PBI turn, I wasn’t going to make my commuter flight.

When I was Detroit-based, I swiftly figured out that if on my last day of the trip, if it involved a PBI turn, I wasn’t going to make my commuter flight.

PSA used to have a CLT based 4 day that ended with CLT-RDU-LGA-CLT. It gave me about 50 minutes to catch the last flight home, and about 50% of the time they would just cancel the LGA portion and ferry the plan back to Charlotte because the flow times were so long. But if they didn't I knew there was no way I was going home that night.

Back