Spirit shows up to Trump’s Latrobe rally.

DPApilot

GUYSH! GUYSH! GUYSH!
I don’t think his fans liked it though. I LOL’d.

9E1354B9-89F7-41BC-92D3-A12597D24BB9.jpeg

we def don’t land at EWR the few times he’s actually at that airport. I know they’re allowed through the inner ring though.

Really? I remember Obama being at MIA back in 2015 when our plane from ATL landed. He might not have been physically present at the airport but the aircraft was definitely there on the ramp.

Really? I remember Obama being at MIA back in 2015 when our plane from ATL landed. He might not have been physically present at the airport but the aircraft was definitely there on the ramp.
It might vary from airport to airport, but at where I work we shut down the airport until the VIP is parked and off the aircraft. After that, it’s normal ops, at least for those who can operate inside the TFR.

I’ve seen many airports halt operations while the POTUS is deplaning, or enplaning, but as soon as his ass in in the Beast, operations resume. I’d imagine that Latrobe hasn’t written a procedure that halts 121 operations for a campaign stop on the field - yet. They’ll probably change that in the future.

him being physically present is the difference. We don’t care about the plane if he’s not on board.

the few times POTUS has been to EWR we go into a hold until he’s left the airport. Maybe since this was a rally though they let them do normal scheduled ops since he’d be there a while.

we def don’t land at EWR the few times he’s actually at that airport. I know they’re allowed through the inner ring though.
I worked him in last fall, and the Secret Service let me work another aircraft in while he was taxiing. The airplane declared min fuel and they spent a little the debating it, they concluded didn't want someone to divert so they let em land. Could of been another situation like that?

him being physically present is the difference. We don’t care about the plane if he’s not on board.

the few times POTUS has been to EWR we go into a hold until he’s left the airport. Maybe since this was a rally though they let them do normal scheduled ops since he’d be there a while.
Gotcha. Learn something new every day.

I worked him in last fall, and the Secret Service let me work another aircraft in while he was taxiing. The airplane declared min fuel and they spent a little the debating it, they concluded didn't want someone to divert so they let em land. Could of been another situation like that?

Is the secret service in the tower?

Latrobe's a great airport and town. As much as I don't care for their product I give Spirit props for for flying in and out of there. Mr Rogers and obviously Arnold Palmer were both from there, but keep ripping on the place.

I also saw AF1 at a very busy Las Vegas maybe two years ago on a layover and both of my flights were on time as far as I remember.

Pretty sure that was also a Spirit and they’re one of the few 2019 rwy 17 arrivals at MSP.

Back