Spirit Hiring

once the judge makes his decision im sure things will roll a little smoother. problem is its just a waiting game now. tbd..
For some here, it's been a waiting game for the last five years:

"Hey, we're moving to Nashville!"
"Just kidding, COVID happened."
"Hey, we're moving to Orlando!"
"Just kidding, we're building a new corporate office/OCC in Dania Beach."
"Hey, just kidding about just kidding, we are moving some people to Orlando -- 2 OCCs!"
"Hey, we're getting acquired by Frontier and moving to Denver!"
"Just kidding, jetBlue's acquiring us and we're moving to NYC."
"Hey, jetBlue is keeping everyone split between JFK and FLL and getting rid of the MCO OCC!"
"Just kidding, jetBlue is splitting everyone between JFK and MCO and getting rid of the FLL OCC."
"Uhh, okay no one really knows for sure which OCC they're going to keep...."
"Hey, jetBlue is getting sued by the federal government and the merger may not go through!"
"Hey, if the merger doesn't go through there's a possibility that Frontier will try to buy us again!"
---> [YOU ARE HERE]

It's been a rollercoaster of emotions lol.

Even worse image if they did what happened to another user on here. I can’t find it right now but the story went that a plane had a sketchy looking flap fix by maintenance after the crew wrote it up and the dispatcher and pilot either they didn’t wanna go or something and management passed the flight onto a new dispatcher who said they could go. The pilots ended up flying the plane with jammed flaps to their destination in icing. The FAA found out after an ASAP and gave management the slap of god about dispatcher shopping. I think someone on here posted the story already.
I believe this happened at Air Wisconsin, not Spirit.

not only that, but it would take a unified dispatch group, and from my experience.. it’s far from that. the bad relationship between union and management isn’t the only problem there. there’s a bit of a divide between the two occ’s. petty drama/rumors/spite can happen in any office, but it seems to be a lot easier when there are two offices 3 hours away from each other. i don’t think they actively hate each other, i think everyone is just tired and irritable. they both want a new contract, albeit with some slight differences in priorities or scope. but mom and dad are fighting, and nothing is getting done
Everyone is tired and irritable. FLL is more senior and seems to be more tight knit than MCO. From the FLL perspective MCO seems to be under more pressure directly from the powers that be and have more still on probation with the fear of being fired in the back of their mind, whereas FLL rarely sees top management now. For the time I’ve been here every month seems to spark a new low.

We're talking about the same Spirit that had members of upper management refer to their dispatch group as "unskilled labor" and "big airline rejects", correct?
Given the lack of respect shown, none of this reads as very surprising to me.
I'm certain a lof of their dispatch group must just be waiting to see what happens with Jetblue. If the merger doesn't go through, I can see a lot of their group trying to jump ship. I can't see a reason to stay there, unless you have serious Florida roots.

Back