Spirit Announcement

Excellent...

A guy I know of who went there two months ago lives in DFW. Good move.

And a JC'er will probably have a really simple commute!

Excellent...

A guy I know of who went there two months ago lives in DFW. Good move.

And a JC'er will probably have a really simple commute!

Maybe. If we're thinking of the same person, AUS-DFW might not be that great if it's weight restricted a lot. Don't know about Eagle's stuff (or Skywest or whoever is going to do it), but I know on our short legs at Pinnacle, it's always the landing weight that bites you on the short legs. Add an alternate, and you're not taking 50 people, much less 50 and a jumpseater.

Also if DFW goes senior, it may be better to commute to LAS and hold a line. I know when I was still commuting from MEM to JFK, I could have held MEM, but then I would have been giving up 6 or 7 days off a month.

Maybe. If we're thinking of the same person, AUS-DFW might not be that great if it's weight restricted a lot. Don't know about Eagle's stuff (or Skywest or whoever is going to do it), but I know on our short legs at Pinnacle, it's always the landing weight that bites you on the short legs. Add an alternate, and you're not taking 50 people, much less 50 and a jumpseater.

Also if DFW goes senior, it may be better to commute to LAS and hold a line. I know when I was still commuting from MEM to JFK, I could have held MEM, but then I would have been giving up 6 or 7 days off a month.

AUS-DFW is all mainline American. Also Southwest has about a dozen flights to DAL.

Yeah, forgot about SWA. How's the drive from DAL to DFW?
About 30 minutes. The problem is finding a place to park your car near DAL while you're at home, if you're going for the car in each place solution.

Really, AUS-DFW is only a 3 hour car drive or so.. so that is an option.

AUS-IAH on us usually isn't a problem. I'm sure commuting to DFW would be okay. I think ExpressJet might handle that.

I've heard rumors of DL expanding at DFW again as well.

Soon there will be a train between DAL and DFW. Won't be that fast but it'll be cheap at least. Wish there were something better to get between HOU and IAH.

I also saw they're opening up the old terminal E satellite where DL/ASA had a large operation there. Not sure which airline will be there. Spirit seems to be spread out at Terminal E though.

Maybe I am reading too much into it but the vacancy came with reductions in fll acy and Dtw. Fll maybe was for the construction going on there but if I was in Dtw and acy I would be a little nervous as Dfw grows. Dtw especially, it's always been on the chopping block and they may want to open ord instead, there is more flying there anyways

We do it, but it's a tough commute from what I hear. Lots of guys jumping back and forth

Maybe I am reading too much into it but the vacancy came with reductions in fll acy and Dtw. Fll maybe was for the construction going on there but if I was in Dtw and acy I would be a little nervous as Dfw grows. Dtw especially, it's always been on the chopping block and they may want to open ord instead, there is more flying there anyways

Did you escape Pinnacle when I wasn't looking? :)

They are not going after anyone. In 2013 they will only serve 26 destinations out of Dfw with only 1 or 2 flights a day to each. Not saying the wont grow to more but they serve customers who can't afford American but are too proud to ride a bus. And there is a market for that and the legacy carriers leave them alone. American probably has around 1000 flights a day out of Dfw. Another example is Dtw. Delta has 700 plus per day spirit has 17-20

I also saw they're opening up the old terminal E satellite where DL/ASA had a large operation there. Not sure which airline will be there. Spirit seems to be spread out at Terminal E though.

Is that the abandoned-looking terminal with a few jetways that sits by itself next to the taxiway on the E terminal side?

It's cool not a hater either way, it's just that AA used to be King down in the MIA and south market... Now Spirit has a DFW pilot base too... Business is business

Back