Spirit Airlines: flights from $1.11!

Make sure and read the fine print!

Terms and Conditions
* [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $1.11, $11.11 and $111.11 each way fares must be booked on spiritair.com between 1:00 PM ET on July 1, 2008 and 11:59 PM ET on July 2, 2008 for travel on the dates as specified by individual market and by market direction. [/FONT]

Make sure and read the fine print!

Terms and Conditions
* [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $1.11, $11.11 and $111.11 each way fares must be booked on spiritair.com between 1:00 PM ET on July 1, 2008 and 11:59 PM ET on July 2, 2008 for travel on the dates as specified by individual market and by market direction. [/FONT]

Exactly! There is still over 24 hrs to book travel.

FSU:)

that's bad news man....i here they're going to furlough soon and instead of raising rates to get the bottom line better, they're sinking rates.

Yup. Southernjets wrestled concessions out of the pilots and announced the results of their new "Manhattan Project".... "Simplifares".

And we all knew where that led to... Grr....

This is nothing new for Spirit, but they always tie these fairs to departure and return dates that any working person could never adhere to. I doubt they are selling plane loads of $1.11 fares.

So are most of you saying you don't want to fly somewhere using a ticket that only cost a few dollars?

Yes. At least I am.

I know employees at companies need to eat, and I as a customer should not be able to bask in enjoyment over dollar fares when people very well may end up being put out of work and un-able to take care of their families.

That mentality is what has caused our once great steel, textile, and manufacturing industries in this country to absolutely disappear.

Because ignorant Americans are willing to sell out their neighbors so they can have some cheap good from China or Taiwan.

So are most of you saying you don't want to fly somewhere using a ticket that only cost a few dollars?
YES SIR! with family in the industry.. i'd rather pay my way and help keep things stable than kick my family in the nutz by low balling just cuz "prices are CHEAP". :)

whatda question to ask... :panic:....silly man :D

Could there be a pretty valid, well thought out, mathematically deduced reason why certain fares for these two days only are as low as $1.11?

Or is the general consensus that the fare-makers and fare approvers are drugged up pseudo-monkeys?

Ehh, airlines need to stop using employee concessions to subsidize their doofus marketing.

(You can...) "Fly to New York for $59!" (...because we dragged our employees thru bankruptcy court, took massive bonuses, plus we axed our marketing department so all we can do is...) "Now offering mega low fares! Woo HAAA! It'll cost more to drive from your house to the airport than your flight to Barbados will! Log on to blankety-blank.com, NOW!!! WOOO HAAA!"

Ehh, airlines need to stop using employee concessions to subsidize their doofus marketing.

(You can...) "Fly to New York for $59!" (...because we dragged our employees thru bankruptcy court, took massive bonuses, plus we axed our marketing department so all we can do is...) "Now offering mega low fares! Woo HAAA! It'll cost more to drive from your house to the airport than your flight to Barbados will! Log on to blankety-blank.com, NOW!!! WOOO HAAA!"
Whoop - my bad. I missed your post about the concessions nonsense.

Back