Space Tycoons aren’t Astronauts

You're a verbose nitwit with a self inflated opinion of your own intelligence, you seem to be of the opinion that the more you write, using uncommon language, the more others might believe your vitriol. You're what used to be called a snake oil salesman, a pathetic personage to aspire to. But IDGAF, if you're enjoying yourself keep on keeping on. When you wake up at night and wonder why you can't fall easily back into a deep slumber it's because you know there are a lot of people who easily see beyond your facade and look at your person without disguise directly.

Angry old man shakes stick at sky.

You're a verbose nitwit with a self inflated opinion of your own intelligence, you seem to be of the opinion that the more you write, using uncommon language, the more others might believe your vitriol. You're what used to be called a snake oil salesman, a pathetic personage to aspire to. But IDGAF, if you're enjoying yourself keep on keeping on. When you wake up at night and wonder why you can't fall easily back into a deep slumber it's because you know there are a lot of people who easily see beyond your facade and look at your person without disguise directly.

Well, see... that would be precisely where you are wrong. Not just wrong, but sadly for y'all, dead wrong (you just don't know it yet). I may be an ass whom you despise, but I make that VERY obvious.

The snake oil salesman is much harder to spot. He's the not-smart-but-crafty dude from amongst your own ilk who - using your own, plain and simple and 'aw shucks, don't you like gold plated toilet seats, too?' lingo and predelictions - bilks you out of your domicile and your truck and your dawg by blaming black people and libtards and homos fereverdammedthang. He might also try to sell you a sack full of softness upon which to rest your weary and overwrought noggin. If you like Biblical, think: "false prophet."

BTW, "verbose" is kind of a fiddy center to employ in an anti-verbose screed, dontcha think?

Super glad I could scratch your itch for you today, though. I'm always here to serve.

Last edited:
Well, see... that would be precisely where you are wrong. Not just wrong, but sadly for y'all, dead wrong (you just don't know it yet). I may be an ass whom you despise, but I make that VERY obvious.

The snake oil salesman is a not-smart-but-crafty dude from amongst your own ilk who, using your own -plain and simple and aw shucks, 'don't you like gold plated toilet seats, too?'- lingo and predelictions, bilks you out of your domicile and your truck and your dawg by blaming black people and libtards and homos fereverdammedthang. Think: a bad woman... on steroids. If you like Biblical, think "false prophet."

BTW, "verbose" is kinda a fiddy center to employ in an anti-verbose screed, donjatank?

Super glad I could scratch your itch for you today, though. I'm always here to serve.
I will say that you are very tiring.

Only if it’s worth the effort.

So far not getting the return on investment.
Well, it's the challenge of our time... it's usually hard to see the future when we don't take the time to think ahead. The crafty are always 12 or 15 steps ahead. That's why people on this board are so often bemoaning their lousy QOL and salaries.

Well, it's the challenge of our time... it's usually hard to see the future when we don't take the time to think ahead. The crafty are always 12 or 15 steps ahead. That's why people on this board are so often bemoaning their lousy QOL and salaries.
I’ve done OK.

What if we compromised and let them use the title, but only if they add another 's' ... 'asstronaut'.

Realtalk: I don't know why the FAA rushed into the room on this one unless there's a big backstory of agita and discord between The Administrator and commercial space tourism companies.

By declaring that "asstronaut" is a term of privlidge doled-out only by some martinet in Washington, they have literally squelched a portion of the market for companies like this by saying "going into space doesn't mean you can call yourself 'esquire'," for the potential customers.

YOU HAVE ONE JOB, FAA -- err, YOU HAVE TWO JOBS, FAA: to ensure system safety, and to promote commercial activity in the aerospace industry, and you fumbled at one of them (again, possibly in the defense of the other ... Virgin did have a vehicle kill its crew; who knows what the inspectors have written emails about at Blue Organ).

What if we start making it to space regularly, but it gets a few bad reviews on amazon(?) and mankind decides we’d rather go to Disney world and space mountain is just as good.

Ha! :)

Think of it this way. Everything of great value on Earth isn’t unique to earth and if it exists here, it‘s probably in great abundance in the belt, other planets and ”sample return” is going to lead to mining is going to lead to someone become the richest man on earth by an exponential figure.

Ha! :)

Think of it this way. Everything of great value on Earth isn’t unique to earth and if it exists here, it‘s probably in great abundance in the belt, other planets and ”sample return” is going to lead to mining is going to lead to someone become the richest man on earth by an exponential figure.

Seriously?

What "belt"? What "other planets?" We've already had many "sample returns" from any "belts" or "planets" we might have any icecycle's ("woke", PI) chance in hell of reaching before our own biosphere burns.

Focus on the problem(s) at hand. Shiny distractions will never save you. In fact, they will kill you much faster. While they might feel reeeeal good, Escapism and False Hope are the most dangerous of attitudes. "We will overcome!" said the Boxer Rebels.

Last edited:
About 250,000 lbs of SpaceCrap™ falls to Earth every day. I expect this would be the same stuff they would be seeking from intrasolar mining. So I guess it becomes a choice of fighting either the rocket equation to get space doubloons, or trying to continue to mine emeralds in a part of Earth where apartheid has ended (ooooooh!).

Now, if'n they can bring a Bigassmass™ from somewhere into geostationary orbit, you've got the makings of a space elevator and will have sidestepped the limits of vehicles that carry aloft the mass they exchange for momentum (often by inefficient chemical reaction).

Seriously?

What "belt"? What "other planets?" We've already had many "sample returns" from any "belts" or "planets" we might have any icecycle's ("woke", PI) chance in hell of reaching before our own biosphere burns.

Focus on the problem(s) at hand. Shiny distractions will never save you. In fact, they will kill you much faster. While they might feel reeeeal good, Escapism and False Hope are the most dangerous of attitudes. "We will overcome!" said the Boxer Rebels.

I honestly don’t have a clue what you’re trying to say.

But at literally every point in human achievement, there have been more pressing “issues” to solve.

“Lewis and Clarke? Fools. They’re using slave-labor to harvest crops and these two idiots tame off into the wilderness in land already inhabited? BALDERDASH!”

Fighting a war in Vietnam, but we were trying to go to the moon.

I’m already bored. I can go on and on.

Billionaires in space. It’s their money. Good for them, ultimately good for us because if you want to wait for NASA to make space flight a regularity without an assist by private ventures, you’re going to be waiting a long time.

I honestly don’t have a clue what you’re trying to say.

But at literally every point in human achievement, there have been more pressing “issues” to solve.

“Lewis and Clarke? Fools. They’re using slave-labor to harvest crops and these two idiots tame off into the wilderness in land already inhabited? BALDERDASH!”

Fighting a war in Vietnam, but we were trying to go to the moon.

I’m already bored. I can go on and on.

Billionaires in space. It’s their money. Good for them, ultimately good for us because if you want to wait for NASA to make space flight a regularity without an assist by private ventures, you’re going to be waiting a long time.
I'm lowkey more annoyed about the Dutch guy who dropped $28 mil to go but decided a meeting was more important so he sent his kid instead. Tax him - he's got money to burn.

I'm lowkey more annoyed about the Dutch guy who dropped $28 mil to go but decided a meeting was more important so he sent his kid instead. Tax him - he's got money to burn.
I'm uncertain that was the case. My understanding was that *someone* dropped-out and the spot was filled by the Dutch nerd. Was it his dad that "had a scheduling appointment?"

But I have to wonder how much arm-twisting was happening behind the scenes to have a flight that set the records for both the oldest and youngest people to "go into space" on a Blue Origin-brand giant phallus (now with active aerodynamic glans).

Back