Southwest starting BWI to San Jose Costa Rica

Yes, if by "whatever else they've done" you mean "totaling airplanes," then you're absolutely right.

Actually, they didn't do too good at taking over the Airtran network. Delta thanks them for their generous gift of destroying any competition in ATL , and destroying this man's gushing endorsement for them.

video_icon20.jpg
headasplode.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting some great laughs listening to some of these SWA planes going down south.

Can you provide some examples? I mean, it's not as if SW was most of their first jobs. Most of them have flown internationally, some long haul international during their past lives (which admittedly may have been a long time ago)

Most of my international experience has been corporate though, so give me a heads up so I don't make more of a fool of myself than usual. ;-)

Reactions: HJB
Can you provide some examples? I mean, it's not as if SW was most of their first jobs. Most of them have flown internationally, some long haul international during their past lives (which admittedly may have been a long time ago)

Most of my international experience has been corporate though, so give me a heads up so I don't make more of a fool of myself than usual. ;-)
An example would be my last time down to the island. They'll get the hang of it I'm sure but I'm sure this crew hadn't done anything but domestic for a long time.

Yes, if by "whatever else they've done" you mean "totaling airplanes," then you're absolutely right.
What I mean is what they did to the airline industry domestically for the last 15-20 years. I just hope the legacy aren't asleep at the wheel this time.

It will be interesting to see how BWI-SJO performs.

Actually, they didn't do too good at taking over the Airtran network. Delta thanks them for their generous gift of destroying any competition in ATL , and destroying this man's gushing endorsement for them.

The thing was ATL was a hub for Airtran, but the way Southwest works, ATL does not need the frequency that Airtran had to all sorts of destinations. The reality, is a lot of people were merely traveling through ATL on their way to a destination, and Southwest has better places in the system to connect passengers than through ATL. Southwest is restructuring ATL so that really more passengers going there are terminating traffic at ATL.

But yes, it definitely did destroy competition. Good job Southwest...

They didn't do too good at landing at Branson...

I had the chance to land at PLK over the summer in a Skyhawk. It is incredible that they got that airplane down and stopped without running off the end at night. Close, but no cigar... BBG is a few miles south...

Last edited:
Back