Southwest Airlines fire on the runway in Houston

periksmoen

I saw this on CNN today.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/05/12/vo.tx.plane.fire.ktrk

What really struck me about the video is that while most everybody was evacuating in a quick, orderly fashion, one guy stops to first send his briefcase down the slide, then he slides down and then stops and sits at the bottom of the slide to gather up his briefcase and paperwork that fell out. Another 10 people probably could have evacuated in the amount of time he spent blocking the slide so he could take his briefcase with him.

Fortunately, the fire was contained and nobody was hurt/killed, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was stuck in a burning airplane while some yahoo took his time to make sure he had all of his important paperwork.

Pretty sad, but in every evacuation there's usually some yahoo who thinks they need to take their bags. There have been reports, in previous evacuations, of a pile of luggage built up near the exits from F/As taking baggage away from people before sending them down the slides.

I remember after the AA crash at LIT, there was some moron pax all happy about how they'd saved their precious violin. Look, I know the violin is probably worth a lot of $, I have a vintage clarinet that is worth a lot of $ too, but in the event of a plane crash, screw the stuff and just get out!

Fortunately, the fire was contained and nobody was hurt/killed, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was stuck in a burning airplane while some <edited> took his time to make sure he had all of his important paperwork.
I'd be pissed at the person who didn't push his ass out the door.

Yeah WOW:confused::drool:. Just watched it and that guy amazes me. I hope somebody brings that up. That angers me big time.

Thanks for showing it

If I'm trying to get off a plane and I see someone hesitate like that, my foot is going in their back and they will be headed down head first.
~D

hmm, I think that was a run on sentence.

LMAO see the guy at 1:00 chasing his papers? hhaa.:crazy:

Yeah WOW:confused::drool:. Just watched it and that guy amazes me. I hope somebody brings that up. That angers me big time.

Thanks for showing it

I'd be pissed at the person who didn't push his ass out the door.

Pretty sad, but in every evacuation there's usually some yahoo who thinks they need to take their bags. There have been reports, in previous evacuations, of a pile of luggage built up near the exits from F/As taking baggage away from people before sending them down the slides.

I remember after the AA crash at LIT, there was some moron pax all happy about how they'd saved their precious violin. Look, I know the violin is probably worth a lot of $, I have a vintage clarinet that is worth a lot of $ too, but in the event of a plane crash, screw the stuff and just get out!

What really struck me about the video is that while most everybody was evacuating in a quick, orderly fashion, one guy stops to first send his briefcase down the slide, then he slides down and then stops and sits at the bottom of the slide to gather up his briefcase and paperwork that fell out. Another 10 people probably could have evacuated in the amount of time he spent blocking the slide so he could take his briefcase with him.

Reading Fail

We evacuated an airplane once, and after the last person was off and the flight attendant and I were doing a quick sweep, a guy came running back onto the plane, asking if he could go back and get his passport.:laff::laff:

Southwest aircraft blows tire on landing

A Southwest airline flight blew a tire on landing tonight at my airport. A news helo happened to be arriving at the airport at the same time and caught everything on tape. Here is the link:

Southwest landing

It happend about four hours ago and they are just not sweeping the runways so we can get them re-opened.

Re: Southwest aircraft blows tire on landing

my mom knows one of the F/A's on the flight. She also knew a F/A on a flight that departed right before that one landed, when they were making their turn on course they could see all the emergency stuff out.

Apparently the Cap landed long and had to ride the brakes causing the wheel to catch fire.

Back