Southwest Airlines does reality TV

That's a great story Doug. I'm assuming that sequence is "typical."

A couple differences between yours and a CRJ pilots day would be:

1) ACARS? what is ACARS? Seriously what a great tool. I wish we had it on CRJs. Even Midway didn't have it on the 737-700s.

2) You blow a lot more money than CRJ pilots. Buy dinner? Heck no we survive on peanuts and "bricks," those little sandwich boxes USAirways hands out.

3) Go see T3 on a layover???? Our layovers were rarely that long. And if they were, crew tracking would want you to go to the airport and be "ready" just in case (not always, sometimes we got long breaks.)

4) How were you getting around? Taxis? You sure as heck aint got no car!!!!

5) Amazing story about driving the tight connection to AA. Almost unbelievable. Was that a ramp to ramp car? Or did she have to go out to the road and then clear security again at AA?

A few things ring true. Aircraft swaps at hubs. I swear this is done "just because they can" and not always because it is necessary. I have swapped in and out of the same aircraft twice in one day before.

Also, maintenance problems on the last leg. Typical! It never happens on the first flight, no! Although in the CRJ a little problem like you described would be solved by pulling breakers and resetting (the equivalent of ctrl-alt-del on a CRJ.)

Great story anyway
smile.gif

How about a reality show that's a spin off of the Osbornes, it follows the flight crew when they going flying off somewhere.

Damn. Looks like they picked MDW instead. A&E was here at MCO not too long ago. They were debating on using either us or Chicago to go along with LAX. Sucks for them, the rampers had some good ideas for throwing some drama into the show.
smile.gif

More of a synopsis of a trip, not a story! I'm not that creative to make stuff like that up!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How about a reality show that's a spin off of the Osbornes, it follows the flight crew when they going flying off somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be pretty cool...

Back