Soon-to-be-fired Comair captain!

chunk75

Anybody hear about this dumb-@ss?

http://www.msnbc.com/local/wlwt/a1661962.asp?vts=61720031927&cp1=1

Check out the photo....almost wet my pants!
2274529_200X150.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Why did MSNBC evenmention he was a captain with comair? It has no bearing on the story!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because from now until the day you retire, the media will always refer to you as "John Doe, a captain at Delta Air Lines" because it's got more purient shock value!

Sad, but true. And how many people would care if the guy was a truck driver? *snore*, but a baseball memorabilia-stealing airline captain? Much more salacious.

I knew a student at ERAU when I was in college that robbed a Kmart! With an AK-47 and a monkey mask!

In a small town like PRC, what a dumass...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking he'd still qualify as a dummy doing that in a big city! Besides, I don't think the airlines see that as the type of leadership skills they're looking for. Call it a hunch.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, I don't think the airlines see that as the type of leadership skills they're looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it is! Oh wait, they want those traits/skills in management potentials ...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trivia: Q: What was Prescott Valley origianlly named?

A: JACK ASS FLATS

What an idiot. Hey but at most airlines, especially mine, that is enought to get him promoted to management really fast.

Yeah they mentioned that he was an airline Captain and I don't think anyone should be surprised nor overly offended. I think they would mention if he were a doctor, police officer, teacher, or in any other profession that is tied to public and its safety. Not to knock truck driving (as Doug mentioned) which is a perfectly respectable profession, but the public expects better behavior out of professionals in the careers such as the ones I previously mentioned. Unfortunately, I fully expect to be run over by an 18 wheeler while driving down the interstate. I'm glad the public holds the pilot profession in high enough regard to expect a certain behavior and I don't think this article's intent was to discredit aviation. Just a shame some people are truly ignorant enough to steal.

[ QUOTE ]
I knew a student at ERAU when I was in college that robbed a Kmart! With an AK-47 and a monkey mask!

[/ QUOTE ]

I work at K-Mart. Tell me more about this please!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! Is an AK-47 really that necessary? He must have really been behind on his tuition payments. Or just thought K-mart cashiers were heavily armed.

Nah, he just tripped out, borrowed a friend's unloaded NHM-61 "Sportster" (AK-47 with a "sport" stock) and another friends automobile, drove down Willow Creek Road, pulled out his weapon and demanded "My last name's May and I gets respect, your cash and your jewelry is what I expect".

Ok, maybe the last part's an embellishment, but I think he was determined to be nuts (duh) and did minimum time under the auspices that he complete college or he'd be thrown in the pokey with "Curious Pete".

I had the nagging suspicion that if I had walked into Wal Mart with an AK-47, they'd have fought amongst themselves as to who'd be the first guy to shoot me!
smile.gif

Heck - I like Johnny Bench. Even met him when I was a kid, but there's no way in HELL I'm throwing away years of training and tens of thousands of dollars on a freakin' picture of the guy!!
crazy.gif

I'm thinkin' alcohol HAD to be involved somewhere. Ya think?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinkin' alcohol HAD to be involved somewhere. Ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, great, the media will jump on another story about drunk pilots.

grin.gif

This is another reason why you've got to keep your nose clean and not rely on the "youthful indescretion" excuse when you're trying to become a pilot.

If this story gets any "legs", you'll probably hear everything from his grades in Kindergarten, his first kiss and an embarassing band camp story or two.

Back