Soon-to-be-fired Comair captain!

If those bandcamp stories involve a flute in any, way, shape or form I'm quitting this aviation thing, moving to Canada and selling elk hides for a living...
shocked.gif

The guy did a stupid thing. He stole a photograph .. in the grand scheme of things its really a pretty petty thing. I'm not condoning theft of any kind here, but let's face it - it's just dumb.

However, when someone who is perceived, by society as a whole, to be diferent or above the average, fair or not, they get held to a higher standard. And this guy apparently doesn't understand this concept. The sad thing is he's probably going to get slammed pretty hard for something most people would just be embarrased over.

But it goes back to my old addage; If you don't want to show up in the news for having done something stupid - DON'T DO SOMETHING STUPID!

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

But it goes back to my old addage; If you don't want to show up in hte news for having dones something stupid - DON'T DO SOMETHING STUPID!

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to burn a copy of that sentence and affix it to my uniform cap!
smile.gif

It's almost like the latest scandal here in PHX. The Catholic priest was involved in a fatal hit-and-run and we had almost wall-to-wall coverage of the crime all week here.

But in all actuality, there was also another person who hit the victim that "hit-and-ran" too.

Not a bleep about the #2 driver.

Unless I'm mistaken!

[ QUOTE ]
But in all actuality, there was also another person who hit the victim that "hit-and-ran" too.

Not a bleep about the #2 driver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch it be a pilot.
crazy.gif

Ah yes Bishop Bump-and-Bolt ...

Regardless of the second car, you can not tell me that a grown, 200lb man hitting your windshield is something you can "not notice" or mistake it for a cat and drive on. The dude's a Bishop! He's damn near legally obligated - to say nothing of his moral obligation - to stop and check things out - even if it were "just a cat."

But, think about that guy's luck ... he gets hit by a car, driven by a Bishop, no less, and then gets hit a second time. That is serious karma there kiddies ...
frown.gif

I think the fact that he IS a pilot makes it much worse. I expect those that are responsible for the safety of others to be individuals who have at least some ability to restrain themselves.

Granted it is an almost funny situation... but how can he control an aircraft filled with people if he can't even control himself?

He may even be a good pilot.... but with such poor judgement outside of the cockpit the chance is at least there that something similiar could happen inside.

And being a pilot in this case is an incidential. The point is that he's in a respected position that is held to a higher standard than most.

Anyways... just my thoughts
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
And being a pilot in this case is an incidential. The point is that he's in a respected position that is held to a higher standard than most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you know what, doctors are also in a position where they make life and death decisions all the time. Just like a pilot, someone's life is in their hands -- literally, if they are surgeons.

But if a doctor stole Bench's picture, do you think the media would have made a fuss about his job and where he was employed?

Well I'll take the bait I guess....

Yes, I do think it would be the same thing if it was a doctor and not a pilot. And I don't think they made a 'fuss' about it... just reported it as usual.

I don't think it's newsworthy though, but they have to report something.

[ QUOTE ]
But if a doctor stole Bench's picture, do you think the media would have made a fuss about his job and where he was employed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Back