Something's brewing at ASA.....

Continental is not allowing XE to fly as many of their regional block hours, Colgan is recieving additional Q400's, the dedicated charter planes are not flying very much (big surprise there) etc etc...

Is that gonna catch you in the downgrades?

Maybe, I have 175 captains junior to me at the present time. Same goes for Capt. Bob as he is only 8 #'s below me in system seniority. We're both in the 1150-ish range out of 2300 currently employed pilots (with about 200 of those on voluntary leaves of various nature). If the furlough numbers eclipse 200 it's concievable that I'd be downgraded. If I still hold left seat, I'll almost certainly be joining Seggy on the AUS-EWR commute, as I'm only 25 from the bottom in IAH.

Continental is not allowing XE to fly as many of their regional block hours, Colgan is recieving additional Q400's, the dedicated charter planes are not flying very much (big surprise there) etc etc...

Maybe, I have 175 captains junior to me at the present time. Same goes for Capt. Bob as he is only 8 #'s below me in system seniority. We're both in the 1150-ish range out of 2300 currently employed pilots (with about 200 of those on voluntary leaves of various nature). If the furlough numbers eclipse 200 it's concievable that I'd be downgraded. If I still hold left seat, I'll almost certainly be joining Seggy on the AUS-EWR commute, as I'm only 25 from the bottom in IAH.

Well that sucks! Remember that if you have to battle Seggy for the jumpseat, it's best to throw dirt in his eyes when he's not looking and make a run for it!:)

If I still hold left seat, I'll almost certainly be joining Seggy on the AUS-EWR commute, as I'm only 25 from the bottom in IAH.

Well that sucks! Remember that if you have to battle Seggy for the jumpseat, it's best to throw dirt in his eyes when he's not looking and make a run for it!:)

Have had to ride the jumpseat twice in a year and of course the gate agents in Austin ROCK, they have been really good to me. Also those flights are run by a 737-500 so two jumpseats.

Hopefully they keep the three nonstops per day. You would have priority over me for the jumpseat anyway!

Not much of a rumor according to Semak's last voicemail. Looks like there will definitely be some, and it's hard to imagine it being worth their time to bother with anything less than 100.

Is that George Semak?

Kevin

It certainly is.

George was the Chief Pilot for PanAm Express (Ransome) in Berlin while I was there in 1988. Interesting that he's at ASA now...

Kevin

Charlie Tutt (you can ask Doug about this guy and he will cringe, followed shortly by some shouted obscenities) NEVER comes out of his whole to deliver anything but bad news. If Charlie speaks....especially in public, it's always bad.

Let's just put it this way. Noooo comment. :) That's about the best thing I can say.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but you know, I'm sure he's a nice guy.

Back