Something's brewing at ASA.....

pilotman

....and it stinks.

We're losing those 20 200s; doesn't sound like they can find something for them. Although we're all kind of anticipating furloughs, looks like it may be sooner than expected. Anyone care to expand?

There are around sixty of us. I am sure we'll join our 80 fellows in September, TBA tomorrow.

Aren't all the FAs quitting over the abusive schedules this summer? :p

Or fired for stealing liquor money...lol. Who knows, this sucks though. The phases of ASA went something like this:
Before the merger- A Strong Airline
During merger- A Shaking Airline
Post merger- A Shrinking Airline
I could go on and on and on.....

You know it seems like this is all pure speculation...

There is a meeting.....there is a sentiment that the airline is overstaffed.... = FURLOUGHS!?

Could it be the announcement of additional flying? The announcement of some sort of early out package? Something where some face time would benefit in the form of questions and answers ? I don't see why a meeting would need to be called to announce a second round of roughly 60 furloughs. Maybe to announce initial furloughs but you guys already have people on the street. Just thinking and hoping it could be something else.

There is a meeting.....there is a sentiment that the airline is overstaffed.... = FURLOUGHS!?

Could it be the announcement of additional flying? The announcement of some sort of early out package? Something where some face time would benefit in the form of questions and answers ? I don't see why a meeting would need to be called to announce a second round of roughly 60 furloughs. Maybe to announce initial furloughs but you guys already have people on the street. Just thinking and hoping it could be something else.

Might want to read the other thread. I will be furloughed effective 9/1. Nothing speculative at all about getting a call from Faud to say I won't have a job....

Believe it or not, but those of us who worked at ASA we tend to have a pretty decent pulse on this type of stuff. The fact that our pilot group is pretty senior ends up resulting on pretty credible information getting leaked to the pilot group prior to any management statement. We knew that the first round of furloughs was coming three months before they announced it. This time also was not a huge surprise.

Charlie Tutt (you can ask Doug about this guy and he will cringe, followed shortly by some shouted obscenities) NEVER comes out of his whole to deliver anything but bad news. If Charlie speaks....especially in public, it's always bad.

If it makes you feel any better Expressjet will probably be announcing an additional 100-200 furloughs and 75-150 downgrades sometime next week.

That'll bring the total XE furlough count up to about 500. Yipee.

If it makes you feel any better Expressjet will probably be announcing an additional 100-200 furloughs and 75-150 downgrades sometime next week.

How much of a rumor is that?

Not much of a rumor according to Semak's last voicemail. Looks like there will definitely be some, and it's hard to imagine it being worth their time to bother with anything less than 100.

Is that gonna catch you in the downgrades?

Back