Something weird at Santa Ana tonight.

SNA is going to be non towered all week apparently due to a COVID outbreak. They’re trying to get the local GA guys to not fly and are closing the smaller runway. This is gonna be a blast I’m sure.
Good thing the FAA decided to bring all the bodies back into the facilities as cases are spiking nationwide! You can probably expect many more of these as time goes on.
Maybe SNA ATC can work from home?

Over/under on Harrison making headlines between now and the 30th?
If a tree falls in the forest and there aren’t any ATC personnel in the tower does it make a sound when he passes over another airplane to land on a taxiway?
Nothing against Han Solo, it could happen to any of us.

FAA: ends Covid staff pooling schedules

also FAA: has to close SNA ATCT for Covid

me: huh

Sometime last week something like 14 facilities closed for a few hours during the midnight shift to sanitize due to positives (at an estimated average of about $250k of taxpayer money per facility). And that was just 1 night.

Sometime last week something like 14 facilities closed for a few hours during the midnight shift to sanitize due to positives (at an estimated average of about $250k of taxpayer money per facility). And that was just 1 night.
We sanitize every airplane that comes in for MX and we sanitize it before it leaves, I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost $250K.

We sanitize every airplane that comes in for MX and we sanitize it before it leaves, I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost $250K.

The FAA is having HAZMAT teams come into the Facilities. It legit looks like a scene from Monsters Inc. Ive heard that its a six figure deal as well.

They saved all the money giving us OT, and then spent more cleaning for COVID. Whats stupid is theyll go ATC-0 and clean the Center after finding out somebody was there 8 days ago and tested positive. Basically everything we're doing is extremely expensive theater. The Agency seems to refuse to do anything that would actually help curtail COVID in the facilities.

Back