Some more cool videos

RPM

Jackass who just bought a helicopter, I don't need no stinkin training - hilarious
grin.gif

http://www.iflypete.com/Media/hughesidiot.wmv

A6 intruder engine eats some guy for breakfast
http://www.iflypete.com/Media/suckplan.avi

Crazy take off, don't know what was going on with this one?
http://www.iflypete.com/Media/Rock-n-Roll_TakeOff.mpeg

Who said, you would never use a chandelle in the airline world. Pretty sad seeing that guy suck into the intake. I have seen cones after they have been sucked in and can imagine the result of person, it is not pretty.

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta love TheSmokingGun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a regular there!
smile.gif

Here is a story about that guy getting sucked in:

"That was a US Navy EA6B on the deck of a carrier at full power, about to launch. The moron walked in front of the intake and was sucked in... then you see the fire ball. His headgear fodded out the engine. (From the Latin [Marine Corps Latin] FOD or Foriegn Object Damage.) No one could figure out what the hell happened to the engine until the dumb bastard fell out of the intake, staggered around deaf and collapsed. They cleaned out his drawers, put some patches on his ears and discharged him from the Navy! He left the carrier the next day.
grin.gif
grin.gif

That was one of the safety films they would show us in the Marine Corps to keep us from falling asleep during "Safety Briefings." Nothing better than seeing a squid get sucked into a screaming intake! If you haven't ever heard one of those planes... there's nothing to describe how loud it gets at launch power."

They should show that on the NAVY recruiting commercial, It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
thats what you call a soft field takeoff converted to a chandelle

[/ QUOTE ]

Would they do that on purpose, or was there some kind of problem? Looks pretty sketchy to me.

[ QUOTE ]

Would they do that on purpose, or was there some kind of problem? Looks pretty sketchy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like it was on purpose to me.

As long as you have the energy, not a problem.

That happens on the flight deck way more than you can imagine. When the plane gets put in tension on the catapult, there are 2 people next to the nose gear. They have to get out of the way before takeoff. Occasionally on the way out or in, one of the guys will forget or overlook the fact that there is an intake right there. We had a guy on the Enterprise with his hand in the air motioning to the yellow shirts to move the plane forward a little more (so it would engage the shuttle on the cat). Apparently he lifted his hand a bit to high and he started to go into the intake. The pilot saw it happen and shut down at about the same time the Chief supervising saw and grabbed the guy by his legs. He ended up losing part of his arm. That was 3 days before we got home from deployment. The flight deck is a very very dangerous place.

The funniest I ever saw on the flight deck (funny because the guy was ok) was when a dude came out of a hatch onto the flight deck that he shouldn't have been using during flightops. He walked right out into one of the jets exaust and got instantly blown over the side of the ship. When they got him out of the water, he was so confused about what had happened.

RPM, it's obvious by your post that you have never worked on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, or have no idea what goes on up there.

[ QUOTE ]
RPM, it's obvious by your post that you have never worked on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, or have no idea what goes on up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was talking about the A320 video (me too).

[ QUOTE ]
That was a US Navy EA6B on the deck of a carrier at full power, about to launch. The moron walked in front of the intake and was sucked in... then you see the fire ball. His headgear fodded out the engine. (From the Latin [Marine Corps Latin] FOD or Foriegn Object Damage.) No one could figure out what the hell happened to the engine until the dumb bastard fell out of the intake, staggered around deaf and collapsed. They cleaned out his drawers, put some patches on his ears and discharged him from the Navy! He left the carrier the next day.
grin.gif
grin.gif

That was one of the safety films they would show us in the Marine Corps to keep us from falling asleep during "Safety Briefings." Nothing better than seeing a squid get sucked into a screaming intake! If you haven't ever heard one of those planes... there's nothing to describe how loud it gets at launch power.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I was talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
Ahh! My bad!

Carry on soldier!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Who let R. Lee in here?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing better than seeing a squid get sucked into a screaming intake!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the tackiness of this line. I don't presonally like many marines. Ever since one had a power trip during a security alert drill I've felt that way but I know for a fact I would never say something like , "nothing better than watching a marine get ripped to shreds."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That was a US Navy EA6B on the deck of a carrier at full power, about to launch. The moron walked in front of the intake and was sucked in... then you see the fire ball. His headgear fodded out the engine. (From the Latin [Marine Corps Latin] FOD or Foriegn Object Damage.) No one could figure out what the hell happened to the engine until the dumb bastard fell out of the intake, staggered around deaf and collapsed. They cleaned out his drawers, put some patches on his ears and discharged him from the Navy! He left the carrier the next day.
grin.gif
grin.gif

That was one of the safety films they would show us in the Marine Corps to keep us from falling asleep during "Safety Briefings." Nothing better than seeing a squid get sucked into a screaming intake! If you haven't ever heard one of those planes... there's nothing to describe how loud it gets at launch power.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I was talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

still don't see your point

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry guys, I should have put quotes on there, I took those paragraphs off the site I got the video... and No I haven't been on a carrier, and I'm sure thats not how it really went down - but its a pretty funny explanation, dontcha think?
grin.gif

Post the REAL story if you have it, I couldn't find it.

The only way I know about carrior operations is from the Discovery Channel
smile.gif

I think he is questioning whether a "squid" or any person for that matter would survive being sucked in to an intake.

Back