Soft Field Takeoff - Russian Style

I hate to judge without knowing all the facts, but on the surface that sure looks like careless and reckless to me.

It's packed gravel/turf and those Antonovs fly out of there on regular basis. It's on Alaska latitude and the only way to get to civilization. Now everybody got iPhone and shares with the world :)

0_7d8ca_1560057b_XL.jpg

Normally I get annoyed at people who talk while filming. I think Australians are the exception.

I dunno...Australians are funny to listen to, but if I had to have an accent to have for myself it would be a thick Scottish accent. One of the ones where even though I'm speaking English people have absolutely zero idea what I'm saying.

I'm wondering how those turbines liked sucking slush and mud?
I don't know where to find it anymore, but there was a test done with a TPE-331 where they shot sand and gravel through the intake for like an hour, and while not being remotely happy, it continued to run. I imagine the first compressor was just funny to look at afterwards.

I dunno...Australians are funny to listen to, but if I had to have an accent to have for myself it would be a thick Scottish accent. One of the ones where even though I'm speaking English people have absolutely zero idea what I'm saying.
"Barglaralarum"

I don't know where to find it anymore, but there was a test done with a TPE-331 where they shot sand and gravel through the intake for like an hour, and while not being remotely happy, it continued to run. I imagine the first compressor was just funny to look at afterwards.

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

In the cabin video I seriously thought that first big rut was going to rip the wheel off and the strut with it.

Back