Skywest!

maschmi2

Just got the call today for my aircraft assignment at Skywest-Brasilia! I'm thrilled! No class date yet. 28 people in the Brasilia pool. They have a Brasilia new hire class next week, and an RJ new hire class the week after. Some transition and/or upgrade classes planned thereafter. I should receive my welcome packet and study materials early next week. Hopefully I'm not sitting in the pool for too long. They're also still planning on the 22 RJ deliveries to begin this Oct or Nov.

Thanks guys! Yeah...I'm thinking KFAT as well. I hear...it's...great! The armpit of Cali? I think that's what people call it. Funny about the haircut...the mechanics at my flight school shaved my head yesterday...in the hangar. At least it was free.

Congratulations! I hear the Brasilia is a bit of a systems monster so get your study hat on :)

Thought you should know - newhire classes canceled for the forseeable future. I was in the 7/7 class.

Sounds like the story of your life mark...

-Rob

LOL...I'm just used to it by now. Completely numb. When did you find out? B/c when I called July 1st, everything seemed hunky dorey. It must've been super short notice, which is always fun.

Congrats.... Any word on when they are thinking they will actually start picking up the classes? I know a buddy who got hired and placed into pools with both xjet and skywest. I would say stay positive and you never know. He got called by Skywest and thus is done way before he ever thought he would have been called.

Hey at least you are in the pool. Congrats!! No classes for a few months at least. Hang in there. This certainly is not the first time classes have gone on hiatus. When the next one happens is always speculation.

Fresno is really not that bad. (It really helps if you have a car. That way you are not stuck at the crash pad.) Plus the Cali flying on the Brasilia is great. I miss nearly everything about it, except the commute. Good variety and some good overnights too.

Congratulations! I hear the Brasilia is a bit of a systems monster so get your study hat on :)

There is a lot of info to digest, but probably no worse than any other RJ or transport turboprop. Your first 121/135 transport category plane and operation will always be a big step up.

There is a lot of info to digest, but probably no worse than any other RJ or transport turboprop. Your first 121/135 transport category plane and operation will always be a big step up.

True, probably why guys were complaining about it at the time. I seem to remember guys saying something about the prop system being particularly interesting, not sure why.

Back