Skywest!

Fortunately Andy does not teach that anymore, and John normally comes in and clears up any confusion that Cade&Cade instill.

Hopefully you won't be waiting in the pool too long. I guess we are all waiting to see what awaits with these 'deep' fall schedule reductions.

looking even worse right now. Looks like the F word is coming down the pipe in a few weeks, although not too many.

looking even worse right now. Looks like the F word is coming down the pipe in a few weeks, although not too many.

Highly disagree. I could be proven wrong, but with the troubles at Midwest you could be correct. I would suspect COLAs, reduced lines and such to be offered first. I know a ton of guys that would jump on that. Including myself!

Nope, it was stated today NO furloughs at all, Straight from the horses mouth.

I would imagine sometime in the next few weeks. It's not looking too pretty at the moment.

They know more now about the fall and if you check out the website 2 new 900s are coming in december, We will end up growing in the end.

COMAs occuring for the CR2 guys for the month of August at Skyeast.

Supposedly to continue through to September and the rest of the winter months.

Not sure about the CR7 guys.

Make your own decisions about YOUR future though. Right now is not the time to think you can't be hit by the F-Bomb.

Make your own decisions about YOUR future though. Right now is not the time to think you can't be hit by the F-Bomb.

Hmm I didn't see anything about that for bidding? I was told they weren't going to offer them anymore to anyone other that SLC crews and we are all on CR2s, CR7s and CR9s on one crj list so I don't understand why they would switch them up between airplanes. Who told you that?

Hmm I didn't see anything about that for bidding? I was told they weren't going to offer them anymore to anyone other that SLC crews and we are all on CR2s, CR7s and CR9s on one crj list so I don't understand why they would switch them up between airplanes. Who told you that?

Homeboy said SkyEast :sitaware:

Here the story behind that.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Trebuchet MS Bold, Trebuchet MS Italic, Trebuchet MS Bold Italic]Company Offered Monthly Absence (COMA) Lines
Some pilots have asked if there will be any COMA lines published during the summer. As you will see in the June schedules, there has been an increase in the amount of summer flying. As a result, there will be more lines of flying, and the lines will have an increase in block hours. This can potentially leave minimal reserves and possibly a shortage of pilots.
The company has informed us that there will not be any COMA lines until possibly September 2008 if the marketing schedule are reduced. [/FONT]

https://crewroom.alpa.org/asa/DesktopModules/ViewDocument.aspx?DocumentID=42943

Not sure where you got the whole 70's and 50's idea...

What 70's and 50's idea?

The COMA lines were available to bid for the CR2 guys on FLiCA for August. I'm not a CR7 guy, so I have no clue if they were available.

I also never even mentioned 70's or 50's in my initial post. :confused:

Highly disagree. I could be proven wrong, but with the troubles at Midwest you could be correct. I would suspect COLAs, reduced lines and such to be offered first. I know a ton of guys that would jump on that. Including myself!

I agree. They will offer time off first, as you state.

Nope, it was stated today NO furloughs at all, Straight from the horses mouth.

They know more now about the fall and if you check out the website 2 new 900s are coming in december, We will end up growing in the end.

Well he won't say anything to upset people until he absolutely has to. That is what they always do in this business.

When all is said and done, and we know about PDX, Midwest and further Delta reductions, we certainly won't be growing any time soon.

Well he won't say anything to upset people until he absolutely has to. That is what they always do in this business.

When all is said and done, and we know about PDX, Midwest and further Delta reductions, we certainly won't be growing any time soon.

Rumors of pdx going away have been around for over 5+ years. I would b concerned about midwest if they had not been bought out by northwest and the investment company.

Delta will reduce others before major reductions here due to the solid contracts. ie mesa,pinnacle,expressjet etc.

Skywest heavily debated furloughing but in the end decided it would cost more to retrain the pilots in the fall when the 22 CR7's come online. They were originally replacements for the E120's, but the company has decided to keep them around.

If Midwest goes under, look for those 22 jets to offset the 20 they would lose. If midwest is still here by nov/dec, look for skyw to be running classes.

Back